Phantom 2 iOSD Mini reception.

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm kind of new to this, I'm really just a photographer who has a flying object to take HD videos and digital pics with, but I'm looking for some feedback.

I've got a Phantom 2 with turnkey setup done by B&H photo of New York City with a GoPro 3+black camera hooked into an iOSD mini and a 5.8G video link. I really have not flown the craft all the high or far from me and my monitor which is a Elvid Skyvision monitor, that is attached to my DJI remote by one of those white CAD holders. My issue seems to be a very weak signal from the craft to the monitor, when I get any kind of distance away the thing flickers like crazy. Out of the box it came with a pair of white I believe they are "cloverleaf" antennas, and I have since spent over another 50 bucks for a pair of 5.8GhZ blue beam whip antennas, which essentially produce the same result. I noticed that if I touch the monitor antenna, clarity happens but only momentarily. Like I said the most distance I've been doing in open areas is no more than 200 ft up and no further than 1000 ft away. Any ideas? there are dip switches on the monitor but no switch combination other than the one they instructed does the signal any better. Was buying these other antennas a mistake? is there something I'm missing here?

Just making sure, since a lot of my action video sequences will be better executed if I can get a more consistent image on my monitor. Thanks for any suggestions in advance!

Marshall
Plate C Studios
Chicago, IL.

I have the same system, and it was working great until my monitor bit the dust...quite literally (neck strap broke and the whole thing fell onto concrete and destroyed the monitor and antenna.) I have now gone through the journey of trying blue beam antennas, upgrading to the DJI AVL58 Lite (from the stock AVL58), switching to a Black Pearl monitor then back to an Elvid Skyvision, and as of today spending 6 hours trying to get an ImmersionRC 600mw transmitter to work properly. No luck resolving screen flicker at short distances and I'm about ready to set the whole thing on fire...

Did you ever find a solution in the 2 years since you posted this?

A 600mw transmitter should be good to around 1400mtrs+ using good antennas but those ranges you should be looking at a directional antenna like a 5 turn helical etc, cant comment on the monitors as i use goggles.

Any ideas? there are dip switches on the monitor but no switch combination other than the one they instructed does the signal any better. Was buying these other antennas a mistake? is there something I'm missing here?

Hello platecstudios, i have the same system than the one you had in this time, DJI Pahntom 2 with a gopro gimbal. But i can not connect to the Elvid Skyvision monitor, i have the two round antenas one connected to the iOSD mini and the 5.8G video link.

Do you know the combination of the dip switches? here is are a couple of image of my drone and monitor. Also i have the BTU to use the GS app with an iPad but what i now is a monitor with a better range. I dont need to much but more that what i can get with the GoPro iPad app.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0116.JPG
    IMG_0116.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 408
  • IMG_0117.JPG
    IMG_0117.JPG
    234.4 KB · Views: 425

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics