Phantom 2 Data logger

Reaction score
I would like to install a unit on the Phantom 2 that records different parameters so in case of a crash or something similar i can look at the data and hopefully see what went wrong.

Also i would like it to be able to record the flights and show them on a map together with the P2 speed and altitude and so on.

I don't mind if the unit has a small size and weight. And it would be a nice bonus if its pretty cheap.

Any ideas of units that does what i have described above would be much appreciated. Thanks.

I don't think there is one product that does all.. but the Flytrex Core 2 will record the flight for display on a map etc.
It doesn't record the internal telemetry from the flight controller though. For that you would need a device connected to the CanBus socket on the leg.

Thanks but that was a bit too complicated for me, i would prefer to buy a ready to use unit if there is such a thing.
I´m seeing people on the internet being able to check their logs after a crash and where they can see for example if a voltage drop occurred at a specific time that was responsible for the crash, and other info that can give them clues about the reason for the crash.
Is there any ready to use units that does this and that i can just buy?

So then i will need two separate units, one for recording the flight path like Flytrex and another unit that records the different parameters of the drone?

The Can bus socket on the leg is used by the IOSD Mini, but maybe the Can bus socket on the IOSD Mini can be used instead?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20