Phantom 2 Battery

Reaction score
DJI suggest

It’s recommended to charge and discharge the battery thoroughly once every 20 charge/discharge cycles. Users should discharge the battery until there is less than 8% power left or until the battery can no longer be turned on. Refer to the DJI VISION App for an exact readout of the battery percentage level. You should then fully recharge the battery to maximum capacity. This power cycling procedure will ensure the battery is working at its optimal level.

So is everyone doing this?

the also give a Percentage of Life is the Assistant, so I guess that is working on

It’s suggested you purchase a new battery after you have discharged your current battery over 300 times.
So has anyone gone over 300 and what was the % or time you have lost since new

Thanks

I do the 8% thing. As I understand it it's nothing to do with battery conditioning (these are lipos after all, so no memory effect to worry about) but it helps to calibrate the accuracy of the "% charge remaining" reporting by the smart circuitry - this means that you should be getting an accurate measure of remaining battery power when your chosen first and second level alerts are hit.

I haven't yet 300 cycles with any of my 4 batteries, but I have labelled them and do make sure they are rotated in and out of use so that they are all get broadly similar usage.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic