Phantom 1/Phantom FC40

No the FC40 has a 5.8 GHZ controller where as the Phantom 1 has a 2.4 GHZ controller.

Beario said:
No the FC40 has a 5.8 GHZ controller where as the Phantom 1 has a 2.4 GHZ controller.

Other than that it's all the same? Why not 2.4 for both???
Thanks.

If you look at the gopro it uses a 2.4 GHZ frequency, the same as the phantom 1. This causes interference which is why I think they decided to add a 5.8 GHZ option in the FC40. I am noticing though that the phantom 1 is not listed on the DJI site unless you search wondering why.

Beario said:
If you look at the gopro it uses a 2.4 GHZ frequency, the same as the phantom 1. This causes interference which is why I think they decided to add a 5.8 GHZ option in the FC40. I am noticing though that the phantom 1 is not listed on the DJI site unless you search wondering why.

Makes sense. Thanks.

Cajvol94 said:
Beario said:

Makes sense. Thanks.

more to the point, the FC40, Vision and Vision + all use 5.8ghz because of the easy FPV solution.
The FPV option uses wifi, which runs at 2.4ghz.

Other phantoms run normally at 2.4ghz and the video is normally 5.8ghz.
If you plan on making a gopro a main camera used for FPV, I would suggest getting the phantom 2, as there will not be interference when you upgrade

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl