Petition Poll - Please vote - Do you want Ground Station for P3?

Do you want Ground Station for P3?

• Yes

Votes: 25 78.1%
  • No, I don't use it

Votes: 7 21.9%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Do you want Ground Station for P3?

Please vote and let this poll act as a petition. I hope enough we get enough votes to make DJI include Ground Station with P3.

Do people really use Ground Station often? It seems like a cool trick to impress your friends. But, when I want to capture photos and video, I like to be in control of my shots.

Reactions: MrTommy
Setting waypoints has its uses. I look after a section of salmon river in the Highlands of Scotland and when it comes to filming it in its entirety, which is something that I plan to do, it would be much easier to do so by setting up waypoints for each section and watching from an elevated position, to maintain clear LOS and Tx connection, than actually walking the riverside and trying to control the Phantom using the sticks. Sections of the riverside are heavily wooded, making it difficult to traverse.

I have filmed it already, using my P2V and waypoints, but having no gimbal really detracts from what is an otherwise perfect recording.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrTommy
Ain't gonna help anyway... DJI is gonna be focusing on being compliant so they don't get hassled by government agencies.. and being in control of your device will be something that is focused on.

When the SDK is released we will get it soon enough from 3rd party apps... but DJI has already expressed it won't be included in their app.

what a useless poll. extra functionality is always welcome so everyone would vote yes.
    • what
+1 But then again, some don't use it or care to.

Do people really use Ground Station often? It seems like a cool trick to impress your friends. But, when I want to capture photos and video, I like to be in control of my shots.
I definitely miss GS. I installed it on my P2 and it was absolutely perfect for golf course videos. The ability to send the P2 hole to hole with adaptive turns made my videos much, much better since I could concentrate on the tilt and let the a/c fly it's route. Plus, since I tend to overcorrect (too much and too often) my videos were much smoother with GS. Finally, since I never let my a/c out of my sight (no BS here - I'm afraid of losing it) I chase my P2 and now my P3 in a golf cart. I'm often by myself so trying to drive the cart, fly the a/c, and control the tilt is just next to impossible.
Anyway, my friends are already impressed. Come on man!

Reactions: Tom Donnelly
what a useless poll. extra functionality is always welcome so everyone would vote yes.
    • what
What a cynic. Personally, I think DJI is more likely to listen to us when we can speak as a group - even if they already know the answer.

I'm inclined to say yes ONLY IF the waypoints are part of the Pilot App. I would love to be able to set waypoints to get to and from a point of interest... but then take control of my Phantom once I am there. Once I got FPV on my Phantom 2 - I found I didn't really want to use the ground station app much anymore.

DJI already announced that Ground Station would be coming "in the following months" in an email sent on April 27th (assuming they mean, in the Pilot App). Also, third party apps like DJI Ultimate Flight V3 are already being released with Ground Station support.

So... feel free to take the poll if you think it will help but to me this feels like me sending a petition to the postal service to deliver a package that I know is already on its way. At this point I'd just be happy if they could hurry up and update the Android app to bring it to parity with iOS.

Reactions: bbfpv

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31