personal vision videos

Topeeka said:
Thanks PullUp... Well that crane has been there for about 4 years now, so IF it is leaning, it has not affected its operation all that much...>G< It's 305' to the top of the Indian on the dome and 346' or so to the boom...the P2V was nearly out of sight, but the FPV was OK, so no real worries..! And yes, the thing I need to work on is being able to move into and out of yawing more smoothly as well as trying to stop the 'panning' exactly where I need to be without any final jiggling about...

I've got plenty of other sites and ideas I want to use my P2V for...stay tuned.. And your kind words are appreciated..

Hi Topeeka,
I was impressed by the smoothness, did you use any stabilisation correction in Adobe Premiere?

Also, as an aside, watching the start of your video, i would try to avoid taking off from rough ground with loose leaves and debris as the downdraft is massive on takeoff and the camera sensor will be blasted with debris which will inevitably cause dust spots which won't be easy to remove (physically although you may be able to correct in post). To make things worse, DJI have included a fan built into the bottom of the camera unit! I now tend to take off from my carry case and land by catching it mid-air.

Studiowise....Thanks for your kind remarks... I did not use the "Stabilization" option in the Adobe Premiere, what you see is just as it was shot. I think a lot of the credit for any smoothness in the nearly 400 foot ascent is due to the very still morning air. I wanted to do this just at sunup when there would not be too many onlookers around, the lighting would be low angle and warm...and the winds were close to zero. I've come to have as my personal motto, "Calm weather IS my friend!" While the P2V can correct for a fairly good breeze, when it comes to making videos, no breeze certainly is a real bonus.

Your comment about avoiding problematic take-off terrain is good...and you might notice that the other three locations were from solid...and clean...concrete surfaces. In the first shot of the State Capitol, I wanted to open the ascent shot with the Statue of Liberty figure in the foreground, and since they are just finishing a massive restoration project of the building and the grounds, all of the areas that would have been good for that view point were pretty much the same..but your advice is correct.

if you want an adrenaline rush....

if you want an adrenaline rush, read some flyaway and crashing posts, upgrade your firmware and then go fly over water

first few test flight clips compilation

1080i-60fps (mistake, should have used 720p 60fps)
FCP X, Lock n Load for stabilization

http://youtu.be/_LpUje-EoPw

Gutsy guy...obviously you passed the "No Dunk Test"....! I like the flying and filming backwards shots...sort of like backing into the scene...I have not done that yet, but it's been in my plans....not doing it over water yet, however...!!

Re: Norwegian woods

segura said:
http://youtu.be/Ri_GCocJD5I

Took some footage while on a hike with a friend of mine. No gps lock and some scary winds, but made a short film to show some versatily in low flying.
Very nice. This is the type of thing I'm planning on doing, flying up waterfalls and through the trees.

Here is a vid of my second flight. The first one is a bit boring because I didn't add any sound to it and just threw it up on youtube in excitement to show someone.

At the end of the video you can see the park ranger come to tell me they don't allow rc craft.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVvBrV0x7hI

Video is untouched. No stabilization, and unfortunately I was more into getting to know its flight characteristics than shooting smooth video. Don't mind the grey sky - weather has been terrible since I got the PV.

I posted this in another thread, but I think it's appropriate here, too. (And, I'm a bit proud of it.)

Here's my first edited video using video from the Phantom 2 Vision.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzWjgnOthY4[/youtube]

At first I wasn't impressed by the video from the PV. I didn't like how it bounced around and the bending due to the wide-angle lens actually made me queasy. But, I used the Warp effect in Adobe Premiere to stabilize the video. Then, I produced the video in SD format which allowed me to crop and scale the video to highlight areas of interest and avoid the fisheye effect.

-- Roger

Re: Norwegian woods

MikeB said:
segura said:
http://youtu.be/Ri_GCocJD5I

Took some footage while on a hike with a friend of mine. No gps lock and some scary winds, but made a short film to show some versatily in low flying.
Very nice. This is the type of thing I'm planning on doing, flying up waterfalls and through the trees.

That was my plan as well, but this day was a bit to windy, while I was out flying, we were hit by a severe storm, with 18-20 mps winds. Also, this footage was taken without satelitte lock, so a bit unsteady.

Firestat said:
That was pretty good. I take it you were on the beach? Good skills at FPV.

Yes, I was on the beach. Have you seen the last 40/50 sec.? Phantom almost landed in the water... :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj