personal vision videos

Reaction score
I would just like to see what you all are doing :D youtube.com/watch?v=N79g5WmC0jY I guess it would be nice if all the videos, personal and info were in one place.

wildcatter said:
I would just like to see what you all are doing :D youtube.com/watch?v=N79g5WmC0jY I guess it would be nice if all the videos, personal and info were in one place.

Here is some video from my first ever attempt to fly any quad. I really am enjoying the vision. It was fairly windy, and my focus was more on learning to fly. Now I am attempting smoother shots etc...

http://youtu.be/VYUITmc5OX8

Ok, so another flight this morning just before it rained. This was my first flight over water! Having never done it before, let me tell you there was some severe buttock clenching going on...

Anyway, I have taken a few clips and stuck them through YouTube editor to add some transitions and used YouTube stabilizer - it does some odd things sometimes, when I pan along the boats on the opposite shore there's a whole lot of banana-ing about! I will sit down later this evening and see if I can make a longer, prettier version but this served as a good way of finding out how YouTube's editor works.

Have some views of the River Thames in South Oxfordshire:

http://youtu.be/_NHO5JgRe4w

Pull_Up said:
Ok, so another flight this morning just before it rained. This was my first flight over water! Having never done it before, let me tell you there was some severe buttock clenching going on...

Anyway, I have taken a few clips and stuck them through YouTube editor to add some transitions and used YouTube stabilizer - it does some odd things sometimes, when I pan along the boats on the opposite shore there's a whole lot of banana-ing about! I will sit down later this evening and see if I can make a longer, prettier version but this served as a good way of finding out how YouTube's editor works.

Have some views of the River Thames in South Oxfordshire:

http://youtu.be/_NHO5JgRe4w
I have been using windows movie maker to add transitions and music, no stabilizing at all . When I download the file I do not let youtube do the stabilizing., it just wrecks the video as far as I am concerned .

Pull_Up said:
I have taken a few clips and stuck them through YouTube editor to add some transitions and used YouTube stabilizer - it does some odd things sometimes,

like it! first watch i was hooding my breath in anticipation of a snagging by the branches hanginout over the water & ducks followed by a splooosh!
did the youtube editor mess with the water ripples as you climbed or were they smoothed by the vision camera pre uploading anyway?

Studiowise said:
Pull_Up said:
I have taken a few clips and stuck them through YouTube editor to add some transitions and used YouTube stabilizer - it does some odd things sometimes,

like it! first watch i was hooding my breath in anticipation of a snagging by the branches hanginout over the water & ducks followed by a splooosh!
did the youtube editor mess with the water ripples as you climbed or were they smoothed by the vision camera pre uploading anyway?

I think the "smoothing" was there in real life - combination of shadow from the branches and the fact that the wind was blowing upstream. I was shooting at 30fps and it was quite overcast so it may also be camera effects. Not clever enough to know!

I don't like how YouTube handles stabilization, but I run Linux on a low-ish spec laptop so my option for stabilization using something more sophisticated are somewhat limited.

Regarding the snag risk - yes, the preview on the phone is not very good for gauging distance in my opinion, certainly not for me with my level of practice using it. I made sure there was good clearance by eye before climbing up. The wide field of view does seem to make things look closer than they really are.

EDIT: Here's a full version after some more editing, but leaving out any post processing: http://youtu.be/Yyc4XK_SyVY

Bwells said:
Here is some video from my first ever attempt to fly any quad. I really am enjoying the vision. It was fairly windy, and my focus was more on learning to fly. Now I am attempting smoother shots etc...

I cracked up when I saw your video... as the view towards the end here:

Reminded me of this flight I took with my F450 about a month ago:

Our little one had already taken off her Snow White outfit before she came outside though...

Attachments

• Untitled1.jpg
    Untitled1.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 5,198
  • Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 5,109
Bwells, tha is pretty dog gone good for the first flight, especially making some advanced turns and pans with the vision, nose in and all. Look forward to some more vids.

Cheers.

Not quite a video I know but Ive only had the phantom vision a few days (my first one)...

So heres a photo or two Ive taken

Hope Ive stating out in the right direction! :)

Attachments

• DJI00052 copy.jpg
    DJI00052 copy.jpg
    315.1 KB · Views: 5,127
  • DJI00013 copy.jpg
    DJI00013 copy.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 5,070
Out and about with the family, attempting to learn some new flying skills. Still can't suss smooth control AND adjusting the camera tilt simultaneously as my first video uploading here will show,

.... plus a photo showing the location (i went high for this one)

http://youtu.be/6abf_KVnClI

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    368.8 KB · Views: 751
Hey Adam, get pics. What settings did you use? I took some pictures today but the horizon is all warped. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• _1.jpg
    _1.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 759
Sac D said:
Bwells said:

I cracked up when I saw your video... as the view towards the end here:

Reminded me of this flight I took with my F450 about a month ago:

Our little one had already taken off her Snow White outfit before she came outside though...

Hahahah! That is hilarious. Yeah my daughter loves to watch and begs me to take the "chopper" out to fly around.

Firestat said:
Adam, very nice. Nice to see some photos for a change. Where was that taken?

Thanks
Chuck;

Hiya... they was taken in St Annes which is near to Blackpool, UK - On the occasional sunny day we have!!
rcdishman » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:49 pm

rcdishman said:
Adam, get pics. What settings did you use? I took some pictures today but the horizon is all warped. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks;

I used photoshop, lens correction filter. Its easy, I just selected canon and fisheye lens. It does the rest to straighten it out :)

Some footage from yesterday on a bright, clear, cold day. Quite a stiff (bloody freezing) breeze and some sporting low-level stuff at the beginning. I tried out 720p/60 - I think the raw footage looks slightly better than 1080p/30. However I stabilized this in YouTube as it was rocking and rolling a bit. It's done an ok job, barring the odd "banana" bend!

http://youtu.be/uppYZNodq38

[NB this was after the compass calibration error flight I spoke about in another post - you can see where the car is parked why calibrating there was stoopid...]

"It's done an ok job, barring the odd "banana" bend!"

some nice flying but i had to stop watching around the 3 minute mark - the whole of Norfolk was flexing like it was on a sheet of metal being bowed up and down by Rolf Harris (before being arrested that is!)

Can you guess what it is yet? ;)

I had a look at the raw footage and it seems the banana bends are mainly as a result of trying to compensate for more abrupt movements (like sudden stops) whilst trying to cope with the distortion from the wide field of view. Next time I'm out I'll change to the narrowest FOV and see how the stabilize routines deal with a less bendy horizon!

Still, it's a rather enjoyable way of getting test footage...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj