Performance upgrades

Reaction score
I am relatively new to the P2V, but am having a blast. I have purchased virtually every possible option, extra and upgrade, and have a fairly cool looking craft. However, I am looking to take it to the next level. If you had an opportunity to install new motors, which would you choose. There are SO MANY RC plane and heli motors out there. I would like to play with increasing performance features: Speed and power. If you had a choice, cost is no object, which motors would you install for max speed, max lifting power, and max well rounded? I see few options in prop selections, as I know of few choices of matched CW and CCW rotating props which would fit, but would love suggestions! I am also looking into the possibility of piggybacking additional batteries to increase voltage and performance. I am a mediocre pilot, but get my kicks out of building/modifying and trying to make outrageous upgrades, just for kicks. What would you do?

I'm imterested in responses to this. I want new motors for both efficiency and speed. Meaning speed and battery life.

Count said:
I am relatively new to the P2V, but am having a blast. I have purchased virtually every possible option, extra and upgrade, and have a fairly cool looking craft. However, I am looking to take it to the next level. If you had an opportunity to install new motors, which would you choose. There are SO MANY RC plane and heli motors out there. I would like to play with increasing performance features: Speed and power. If you had a choice, cost is no object, which motors would you install for max speed, max lifting power, and max well rounded? I see few options in prop selections, as I know of few choices of matched CW and CCW rotating props which would fit, but would love suggestions! I am also looking into the possibility of piggybacking additional batteries to increase voltage and performance. I am a mediocre pilot, but get my kicks out of building/modifying and trying to make outrageous upgrades, just for kicks. What would you do?

Question though. If you're only a "mediocre pilot" as you say. Wouldn't it be best to keep any "performance upgrades" on hold for the time being until you can handle the Phantom 2 as it is? I really don't think personally it needs any additional upgrades to what it has, unless you plan on flying it in manual mode to do flips and stunts. Manual mode requires a LOT of skill as a pilot though as all assists are turned off and you can crash your Phantom in an instant if not paying attention.

All that being said you can get Tiger Motors. The new version of them work with both the Phantom and Phantom 2 Vision, support self tightening props and should give you a little more power and slightly better flight times. A set of four are $189 on dronefly.com among other places. I don't know if they're the "best" but they're worth considering as at least a mid level upgrade. Soldering will be required to do a swap out.

Vision has been very nicely optimized for its mass-to-thrust-to-power ratio. Improved aftermarket motors & props could be interesting, but I think adding more batteries is a counter-productive dead-end unless you're willing to sacrifice flying time for performance. The Vision's SmartBattery is just a little more compact & high-density than the garden variety LiPo. Try finding an off-the-shelf same-class 5200mah LiPo out there and I think you'll find they're all bigger & heavier. Besides, 30mph no wind to 50Mph w/tailwind is probably more than most would know what to do with, even with soon-to-be-released Groundstation for PV2:
http://phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5117&hilit=Radar+sign#p37244

iDrone

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik