Payload

Reaction score
Hello

What is the payload for a phantom 1.1.1

What would the payload be if you upgraded w/ Tmotors and 9x5 CF props?

On the scale I'm at 1700g with a gimbal/gopro3, 2 batteries,tx and pilot cam.

Wow ! I thought I was heavy on my P1 at 1249 .
Dose it handle like a rock with that weight ?

You need to keep it under 1300g or else it will fly like pig and your flight times will be significantly reduced. 1700g is still a crazy heavy weight for that loadout...what 2 batteries are you using exactly? You could probably lose one of them and actually increase your flight times. The weight of a second flight battery can easily push your "All-Up Weight" (AUW) beyond the point you get any flight-time benefit from having the 2nd batt.

Correction - its 1457g not 1700 - Better??

with 1 battery - with 2 its 1632

I did read on a forum along the way - its rated for 2000g before the motors catch fire! :!:

So as i learn about this - i see add extra battery for load.longer flight times - then theres the TX and then theres the gimbal - all looks good from what i see on youtube when learning about it - so now that I've done and i'm broke it its a 3lb fat pig - Typical!!

I do have the Tmotors and 9x5 props from what I've seen and read will help - I don't plan on doing any long range flights - I'd be happy up to 100feet with a bit of framing for still images would be perfect for my intentions -

Someday soon I plan on giving it its first test flight...

My guess it will go up about 5 feet and flip upside down and then explode and catch fire?

I m using 2 stock DJI batteries

So you're at about 1275g with no batt. That is a little better yes lol. But I think you're still a touch heavy.

One thing you can try is using one of these instead of two regular batts: http://www.2dogrc.com/mad-dog-2700-mah- ... -xt60.html (they're out now but expect to have more very soon)

It has a better weight/capacity ratio than the stock batt, and gives even more flight time than the numbers would suggest at first glance.

You might want to try the stock P2 props, they could bump your flight time up a bit as well, I haven't tested in comparison to the T-motor CF's you have, but they beat everything else I've tried by a fair margin: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/control ... &A=details

Yes, I know it will fly...Right!

I do have a set of 9x5 grapners and 2 sets of DSLRpro pros for it.
ps - the capped rotors won't work on the T-moters shaft - well at least for the phantom 1.1.1 - i try it

I think also part of the excess fat is from the training wheels/prop guards and the 1/3 sony cam,
the txt tray, a micro switch, the expanded leg set and some more wiring maybe

if It runs on just one battery, its seems it would be out of balance the weight distribution, would help it flip upside-down easier
- it has 2 cf side trays for the 2batteries - you see them on ebay a bunch

next week I'm going to replace my beholder lite with the zenmuse instead- that should be fun!

360icon said:
Yes, I know it will fly...Right!

I do have a set of 9x5 grapners and 2 sets of DSLRpro pros for it.
ps - the capped rotors won't work on the T-moters shaft - well at least for the phantom 1.1.1 - i try it

I think also part of the excess fat is from the training wheels/prop guards and the 1/3 sony cam,
the txt tray, a micro switch, the expanded leg set and some more wiring maybe

if It runs on just one battery, its seems it would be out of balance the weight distribution, would help it flip upside-down easier
- it has 2 cf side trays for the 2batteries - you see them on ebay a bunch

next week I'm going to replace my beholder lite with the zenmuse instead- that should be fun!

If your T-motors have the model number 2214-11 printed on the side, the self-tightening (capped) props will indeed work on them, that's what I fly with exclusively now. They take a little more force to screw on, but it gets easier after a few times.

Yes, if you're flying with the prop guards you're carrying around almost an extra 90g of weight, as soon as you're comfortable in your piloting skills you can lose those which will help a lot.

If you're running one battery instead of two, you can also save the weight of those battery trays, I had the same for a while but I scrapped them when it became obvious they were doing more harm than good. Now I just fly with a single 2700mAh battery in the internal bay, and that saves me a ton of net weight while still maximizing the net flight time.

The rough rule of thumb used for this is 1gram of weight (gained or lost) = 1 sec of flight time (lost or gained). Every gram you add will yield approx. 1 sec less flight time. 100g = nearly 2 min in the air. The effects are also magnified the higher you get in weight over ~1200g or so.

I decided to whip out the gram scale and lose a battery today...
I layed each of these on a digital scale:

Version 1 - w/o Gimbal and GoPro 3
Phantom 1.1.1 body w/o DJI upgrade board: w/ NazaMv2 - T-Motors MN2214 - Mini iosd - PMU 2 = 650g
Prop Nuts = 10g
4 Grapner 8x5 props - 36g
Extend/wider leg kit - 54g
CF plate for TX/hub - 18g
DJI Tx w/ antenna - 68g
Sony Pilot CCD Camera - 59g
DJI 2200mha battery 112g
Misc screws - 20g
1027 grams total w/ Sony pilot camera only

Add Zenmuse 3H2D - 232g + a GoPro Hero3 - 74g = 1333 grams total
Add prop guards - 76g = 1409 grams total

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version 2 - with GoPro3 and Carbon Fiber AntiVibration Mount

Phantom 1.1.1 body w/o DJI upgrade board: w/ NazaMv2 - T-Motors MN2214 - Mini iosd - PMU 2 = 650g
Prop Nuts = 10g
4 Grapner 8x5 props - 36g
Extend/wider leg kit - 54g
CF plate for TX/hub - 18g
DJI Tx w/ antenna - 68g
Sony Pilot 700 Camera - 59g
DJI 2200mha battery 112g
Misc screws - 20g
1027 grams total w/o a Gimbal and GoPro 3

Add Carbon Fiber AntiVibration Mount - 55g + + a GoPro Hero3 - 74g = 1156 grams Total

Add prop guards - 76g = 1232 grams total

With the upgraded motors and better props should help get me to the ballpark, except it seems the zemuse is a bit on the heavy side. It will change a a tiny bit less when i do the upgrade board. How does these numbers look?

Does the GoPro Hero3 needs its battery or does it power off the zenmuse?

Is there a way/bracket to easily detach/attach the zenmuse so it can be added when ever?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl