Passed my BNUCs flight exam today!

Reaction score
Well chuffed - I passed the final part of my BNUCs exam today, just the long wait for my Permission for Aerial Work to be processed by the CAA now.

My P3 Pro gave me issues before the flight though; everything was fine with good av link & seconds before I took off the screen went fuzzy and I lost picture. I had all other telemetry, but no image.

I updated the DJI Go app yesterday & did a 20 minute test flight with no issues, but man was it a heart stopping moment with the examiner on your shoulder..

It's weird, the aircraft is sat not 5 feet from me and I'm getting a 'no image transmission' signal.. hmm.. powered everything down, incl the iPhone & all was well.

Anyway,
I still passed! Only 3 minor faults :)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: CleethorpesKid
Well chuffed - I passed the final part of my BNUCs exam today, just the long wait for my Permission for Aerial Work to be processed by the CAA now.

My P3 Pro gave me issues before the flight though; everything was fine with good av link & seconds before I took off the screen went fuzzy and I lost picture. I had all other telemetry, but no image.

I updated the DJI Go app yesterday & did a 20 minute test flight with no issues, but man was it a heart stopping moment with the examiner on your shoulder..

It's weird, the aircraft is sat not 5 feet from me and I'm getting a 'no image transmission' signal.. hmm.. powered everything down, incl the iPhone & all was well.

Anyway,
I still passed! Only 3 minor faults :)

That's great news. Congrats sir.
I'm impressed with your bravery by making such a significant change (app update) just before such a highly critical need. I wouldn't have the nerve.

Reactions: JoBe
I run a production company, so we just want to add it to our arsenal. Wanted to do it properly hence getting the BNUCs..

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20