Part 107 - Newbie

Reaction score
Im a newbie to droning. Been flying my Phantom 4 for about 2 months now. With regards to getting the Part 107 certification, by having it I know that it allows for the commercial use of drones. What other advantages or disadvantages does having a Part 107 certificate provide? Thanks!!!

Im a newbie to droning. Been flying my Phantom 4 for about 2 months now. With regards to getting the Part 107 certification, by having it I know that it allows for the commercial use of drones. What other advantages or disadvantages does having a Part 107 certificate provide? Thanks!!!
Having a Part 107 Certification puts you at the head of the class. It says you're a serious and responsible pilot.

I cannot think of one disadvantage.

Reactions: N42742
Many hobbyist's take the 107 just to enhance their knowledge skillset. I would say that there are at least two 'real world' reasons for getting it. First of all, you will no longer need to call all those little grass strip airports and 'notify' them of your intentions. Secondly, you will be able to determine if it is legal for you to fly in an area, or not.
The more you know, the better of you are, and the more fun you can have.
Additionally, any new freedom of activity, that may come to pass will come to the 107 pilots, not the hobbyist.

The notification thing is worth it alone. Check out AirMap as Rec and then as Part 107. Amazing at the difference. Huge for me here in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. Just need to make the time to get my studying in. I do lots of contract photo work for major news organizations... Was hoping to add drone work to the repertoire.

Reactions: BigAl07

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canadiansauna