Part 107 certificate question

Reaction score
So, I am a private pilot and just got my part 107 certificate. The FAA web site talks about having a CFI endorse the certificate. Yet, there is no place on the certificate to do so.

Can someone explain to me, do I need a endorsement, or, just to have a current biennial flight review ?

thanks,

John AC9EJ
Freeport IL

You'll need to get the endorsement before they will process your certificate. Call your local CFI and see if they have the proper credentials for the Remote Pilot endorsement. Many should by now.

I don't think my CFI at our airport, who is the FBO and airport manager is aware of anything to do with Part 107. So, it's a logbook endorsement ?

So, I am a private pilot and just got my part 107 certificate. The FAA web site talks about having a CFI endorse the certificate. Yet, there is no place on the certificate to do so.

Can someone explain to me, do I need a endorsement, or, just to have a current biennial flight review ?

thanks,

John AC9EJ
Freeport IL
When you say "certificate" are you referring to the document saying that you passed the online course? If so, that's not your Part 107 ticket, just the first step. The rest of the process is described here Becoming a Pilot

The certificate is after you complete the online course then you will need to print out the 8710-13 and fill it out completely then have a CFI sign it or better yet use the FAA iacra online 8710-13 under sUAS and a CFI is able to do a e-sign. Call your local FSDO they may complete it without a CFI signature after you have filled out the online iacra and hand you your temp. Certificate then and there. You will need to attach a copy of the passed online course and bring your logbook to show your current biennial.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Thank you so much. Sorry to be so dense !
My CFI has the info now, doing my biennial on Friday, so, we will try to submit it at that time on the IACRA site. I did set up a account there. sheez it has to be complicated....

Reactions: BigAl07
Just think how complicated it is for the people that don't have a pilot background and as you know the FAA written test is a pain so for you and I it's pretty simple compared to what they go through-remember trying to understand airspace:).

Just think how complicated it is for the people that don't have a pilot background and as you know the FAA written test is a pain so for you and I it's pretty simple compared to what they go through-remember trying to understand airspace:).
Yeah, no kidding, every time I deal with the FAA, my blood pressure goes up. I really think their official charter is to make things as complex and confusing as they possibly can. My cherokee was unregistered for over three years, struggling to get it renewed. Nothing changed, just every time a different FAA person looked at my app, they had different ideas on what to do.... So infuriating. Makes me think about buying a ultralight and saying the heck with it !!!

You don't want to do that! I found that you always keep talking with the first person you started with at the FAA that way you stay on course.

Oh, if your on the phone with the FAA ask for there extension number and there name. If you ask more than one (so let's say 3) FSDO personnel the same question you will get 3 different answers.
I don't know how close you are to the FSDO but if it's an hour or less you should just make an appointment and drive to them.

once your CFI signs it off, it usually takes a couple days for a "temporary certificate" to pop up. If you decide to get a DPE to endorse you instead, you can get a temporary certificate printed immediately.

If that's a question I think under both CFI or DPE you have to wait for the plastic certificate to arrive by mail and only if you go in person to the FSDO office will you receive a temporary certificate.

Reactions: ndtennant
If that's a question I think under both CFI or DPE you have to wait for the plastic certificate to arrive by mail and only if you go in person to the FSDO office will you receive a temporary certificate.

You're correct about having to wait for the plastic card, but if you go to a DPE you can get a temporary printed off immediately. I know this because that's what I did personally.

As a CFI I've signed off a handful of 107 guys, and I've seen them able to print off a temporary certificate from IACRA in anywhere from 48-72 hours.

My mistake and my mistake I didn't look at the user name so I ASSUMED it was Johnnyfly41.
As a CFI I just have them go to the FSDO if they don't want to wait so none have used the DME just my signature so thanks for letting me know.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl