Parrot Bebop with wifi extender

Reaction score
I know this a Phantom board (I've got 3 of them) but I picked up a Bebop for cheap the other day because I always liked the look and the elegance of it. It flew and the video was good but the 150 meter range (if you aimed the tablet just right) was useless. Adding a skycontroller completely negates the appeal of the little bird so I added a $35 wifi extender (Netgear trek) instead. What a difference. Now I can sit comfortably in my van, see my tablet, and not have to worry at all about antenna orientation. And the range is half a mile in all directions. Makes a great little park flyer.

Reactions: Storm
I know this a Phantom board (I've got 3 of them) but I picked up a Bebop for cheap the other day because I always liked the look and the elegance of it. It flew and the video was good but the 150 meter range (if you aimed the tablet just right) was useless. Adding a skycontroller completely negates the appeal of the little bird so I added a $35 wifi extender (Netgear trek) instead. What a difference. Now I can sit comfortably in my van, see my tablet, and not have to worry at all about antenna orientation. And the range is half a mile in all directions. Makes a great little park flyer.
just ordered one from Walmart .com for 199.00
had to buy it to play with for that price...
was looking for rreplacement syma5.

already have a tplink mini usb wifi extender/ repeater
so I am looking for ward to getting this to have fun

Yep, being able to get out of the sun and see the screen makes all the difference. I think that's what's driving everyone to goggles. I much prefer seeing a high resolution screen. I also got a madcatz contoller, which freeflight pro easily recognized, so now I've got sticks. Now all I have to do is switch to my Nvidia shield and use the hdmi out to the 19 inch tv and the nav station in my van will be complete.

I have 5 new batteries that were used in less than 4 flights, a wall charger, 4 full sets of propellers not used, a lense cover, propeller tool, and a ipega bluetooth controller for sale to U.S. owners of a bebop original.

Sent from my 831C using PhantomPilots mobile app

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Here's some Bebop1 video in case anyone is interested.
No skycontroller, just my tablet and the wifi extender on the roof.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers