Parrot Bebop Drone

Reaction score
I'm a fan of this machine. The camera is stabilized with software and not a mechanical gimbal. Seems like an interesting way to go. Supposedly releasing in November, $500 for the Bebop, $900 for the Bebop with a long range FPV system that works with your own tablet. Parrot was a pioneer in consumer multirotor tech, releasing the AR Drone series long before the Phantom came along.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_UdWq-boag[/youtube]

Thats 499 and 899 euros for the drone. USA price may be a bit less. Not very good value for its price.

Would like to get its camera on an Phantom. Just think, no expensive expensive gimbel after a crash.

The info so far has been interesting but I'm waiting to see some real world user reviews. I had an AR drone 2.0 and wanted to get rid of it right away after I got it. I hated the tablet only control, short WiFi range and no camera stability.
This one could fix all those issues from what has been shown. I'm not sure about battery life. The parrot I had was short on that.
It probably will be a big seller at Christmas if the price is right. I do like how compact it looks. It will be interesting to see how it handles in wind.

Out now in europe Review from a gadget store in Spain
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvUAFWrWJGQ[/youtube]
I am not impressed with the pictures from this overpriced toy drone. You can get an real DJI phantom for less.

In Paris? Take the metro to Opera and get yours
http://blog.parrot.com/2014/11/14/le-be ... rot-opera/
599 and 899 euros in France
DJI Vision costs 789 euros in France

I just saw pricing. $499 for basic, $899 with sky controller. That's a steep price I think.
I'll be interested to hear how it performs in the real world flights. Not a buyer though at this time.

Well that sounded fantastic and everything, but, :lol:
The video was poor, the bird looks wimpy,and the transmitter needs its own area code.

Reactions: twisted1504
knuckles said:
I just saw pricing. $499 for basic, $899 with sky controller. That's a steep price I think.
I'll be interested to hear how it performs in the real world flights. Not a buyer though at this time.

+1

I have a lot of respect for Parrot, and their initial AR Drone is what got me interested enough in multi-rotors in the first place to get me to explore other manufacturers... Which is how I wound up with a P2V as it was just introduced at that time.

This just seems more than a bit pricey for what it is. I'll be watching reviews carefully after it gets into the hands of pilots...

-slinger

Found this video:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg3ijIX8SIE[/youtube]

Magnesium frame and flies well in the wind. I wonder if the production model will also have a magnesium frame?

I'm always in favor of more competition, especially in the lower end market. I wonder if DJI will lower prices around the holidays?

Yes, magnesium frame should be in the production model.

From what I remember it is meant to dissipate heat from the electronics and provide shielding for interference. At least that is what I remember from the interviews months ago. Unless they changed something but it seemed like something they will not change.

I'm a fan of this machine. The camera is stabilized with software and not a mechanical gimbal. Seems like an interesting way to go. Supposedly releasing in November, $500 for the Bebop, $900 for the Bebop with a long range FPV system that works with your own tablet. Parrot was a pioneer in consumer multirotor tech, releasing the AR Drone series long before the Phantom came along.

[youtube]
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
[/youtube]
I think this thing is well overpriced for styrofoam

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I can't get over how huge the controller is, I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but there's a chance of an alien space ship in a neighbouring galaxy losing control and crashing into the local star and creating a supernova.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31