Panorama 360 Photos.... does enybody have Sucsess with Phantom3 SE?

Reaction score
Need Help! Have DJI Phantom 3SE and Lichi for iOS 12. Have no Sucsess wirh Panorama 360. Drone always drifting away in Pano Mode... and sometimes staying in Joystick Mode
1f61e.png

Is there any oher app for making 360 Panorma Photos wit the P3SE?

Don't have what you have but use Hangar . Doesn't do well unless the
sun is straight up but I use it a lot and experiment with the heights .
Default is 300'
This one lower and sun going down so not great but is handy at the moment .Hangar 360 photos from around the world.
Welcome to the forum.

Reactions: exxoot
There was a problem in the past following a Litchi update when I and at least one other person experienced unacceptable drifting when doing a Litchi Pano. That was with P3P's but I guess it could be the same with a P3SE (Yes, in the course of my searching here, I see at least one P3SE owner reported Litchi Pano drifting).

If you do a search here (magnifying glass, top right) with keywords 'Litchi drifting', you'll find some information about it.

I'm not sure about IOS but the solution with Android was to enable 'legacy mode' in the settings and that most certainly got rid of the drifting.

Here's my latest post about my experiences with it and you will note that I, for no apparent reason, was also getting "Joystick Mode' appearing. Litchi Pano DRIFT PROBLEMS

So enable 'Legacy Mode' in the settings and give Litchi Pano another try.....

Thanks for Answers! have tried Hangar 360 .... but there is no Supprt for the P3SE "Camera not supported"

and on Lichi IOS i cant find "Legacy Mode" and Lichi Android dont support P3SE

Hello, last week I also tried Pano on my P3SE with Litchi on iOS12 and experienced the same drifting.

Hello, last week I also tried Pano on my P3SE with Litchi on iOS12 and experienced the same drifting.
You need only look at the official litchi compatability list to note the abscence of the P3SE as a supported aircraft.

Based on user accounts litchi does seem to work, at least to a limited extent. You are flying at your own risk though. Unfortunately DJI hasn’t released a P3S3 SDK so third party app support isn’t and can’t be expected to be 100%.

I managed to make panoramic shots with Litchi. For this I pre-programmed the route in the 'hub' and gave the assignment to make a panorama recording series at a specific point. It isn't a beauty but it is something.

pano_mode.jpg

P4 and Litchi pano. Works fine

Attachments

• Condo In Planet.jpg
    Condo In Planet.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 292
Need Help! Have DJI Phantom 3SE and Lichi for iOS 12. Have no Sucsess wirh Panorama 360. Drone always drifting away in Pano Mode... and sometimes staying in Joystick Mode
1f61e.png

Is there any oher app for making 360 Panorma Photos wit the P3SE?
You don't need any app at all.
You can easily shoot the images yourself in DJI Go.
I've tried a few but I find it's faster, easier and I have more control when I do it myself.
Like this one: Makarora River

I have a P3S and have seen the drifting problem with Litchi pano mode. I tried enabling Legacy mode but when I press Start I get an audible message that the mission was unable to be uploaded and no pictures are taken. Has anyone else experienced this?

I have a P3S and have seen the drifting problem with Litchi pano mode. I tried enabling Legacy mode but when I press Start I get an audible message that the mission was unable to be uploaded and no pictures are taken. Has anyone else experienced this?
Yes, - if you follow the link I posted in my post #3, you will see that I experienced this. Here's my linked post:-

It appears to be the same problem as I had and if it is, you need to disable the '+30 degrees' option (or set the degrees at no more than 90, whichever it is in your version) in the pano parameters, then your panos should upload and be carried out successfully.

Thanks, I will try that next time. Although, with height set to 90 degrees does this result in holes or empty areas, not enough sky, when trying to stitch photos?

Thanks, I will try that next time. Although, with height set to 90 degrees does this result in holes or empty areas, not enough sky, when trying to stitch photos?
It will depend on what type of pano you are stitching. I generally use FSPViewer to look at my 360 panos and yes you will see black areas if you zoom back too far out or look too far up - but you will, even with 120 degrees enabled. I just don't do either of those things and IMHO, I see plenty enough sky. Having it enabled above 90 degrees just gets you pics of your props anyway.

I should have prefaced that I am trying to make a little planet. When I scroll the pano image up I just want to have enough sky to have clean so the edges meet.

I should have prefaced that I am trying to make a little planet. When I scroll the pano image up I just want to have enough sky to have clean so the edges meet.
Sorry, I don't know because I don't do litte planet panos. Try it and see! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31