Pacific Coast Golden Hour

Yip me like,wish I was there,,love the coast and beaches and the sun set,yip was bit long but was good ?

Reactions: MTO
Happy days really liked this one :)

? Very nice. Kind of peaceful except for the bird cutting into your lane.

Kinda long, but bird bomb @ :40 seconds!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Well done - some very beautiful scenes. Thank you for sharing - please keep these videos coming. Yes, 10 mins is longer than the accepted norm but when it is this good you won't find me complaining.
A couple of editing tips you could consider:
1. Try reversing a few of these clips in post. This would produce reveal shots that slowly show an unfolding scene to the viewer and so keeps their interest longer than always flying forward.
2. The dramatic wave action at 6:10 and 7:40 would look great if you slowed them slightly in post.

Thanks again.

All the best, Martin

There were some pretty scenes. I have to guess what a bird bomb is, but I was expecting a blob of guano to land on your lens. Not sure why there is such annoying loud noise in the soundtrack. Couldn't get past that.

There were some pretty scenes. I have to guess what a bird bomb is, but I was expecting a blob of guano to land on your lens. Not sure why there is such annoying loud noise in the soundtrack. Couldn't get past that.
Thanks!
If you lived by the sea you would know exactly what that annoying loud noise is, it was a big hit with the locals here.

Thanks!
If you lived by the sea you would know exactly what that annoying loud noise is, it was a big hit with the locals here.

I do, but that sound was REALLY loud and overbearing and I don't hear that well!

Absolutely loved it! I actually enjoyed the bird flying through it. I'm from California so seeing that coast made me homesick. Good job!

Nice stuff. Color is excellent.
Some technical questions if you don't mind?
1-What were your shooting settings? iso/ƒ stop/Shutter & frame rate?
2- Is this normal camera color profile, or did you shoot at Cinemode or Lab & color grade?

Nice stuff. Being in Chicago I am definitely jealous. Everything looks pretty crappy out here right now...

Nice work. For what it's worth, I do some work for a commercial realtor who specializes in big ranches and he wants the final work product no longer that 90 seconds. He told me that studies show after 90 seconds, the viewer tunes out and may not come back to the website unless the property has some sort of special appeal.

Nice stuff. Color is excellent.
Some technical questions if you don't mind?
1-What were your shooting settings? iso/ƒ stop/Shutter & frame rate?
2- Is this normal camera color profile, or did you shoot at Cinemode or Lab & color grade?

Nice stuff. Being in Chicago I am definitely jealous. Everything looks pretty crappy out here right now...
Thanks!!
1- ISO= 100. Aperture= 5.6
I had it set on Aperture Priority which selects the shutter speed automatically, not sure what it was, but I had to increase the exposure a few stops in post.
2- It was set on Normal then color graded.
Thanks again! We usually get a lot of rain this time of year in NorCal but it was an unusually nice day.

Nice work. For what it's worth, I do some work for a commercial realtor who specializes in big ranches and he wants the final work product no longer that 90 seconds. He told me that studies show after 90 seconds, the viewer tunes out and may not come back to the website unless the property has some sort of special appeal.

Thank You!
I know you’re right about that, I usually keep them shorter, especially the commercial stuff but I had about an hour of footage and I couldn’t resist!

Reactions: MrMagus
Kinda long, but bird bomb @ :40 seconds!

Not too long I think I saw a quarts vain at 7:00 wonder if there's gold in there! ???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic