P4PV2 camera overload.

Gagey52

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
On a job today when this message came up, have never seen it before. DD sent it back to the home point and would not engage with it. had the P4P pro as a back up and job finished. Anyone else had this issue and what was your remedy?
Regards

On a job today when this message came up, have never seen it before. DD sent it back to the home point and would not engage with it. had the P4P pro as a back up and job finished. Anyone else had this issue and what was your remedy?
Regards
That's something I've never heard of and it's hard to be sure what it's about.
I'd suggest a little test flying to see if it was a one-off glitch or something worse.

Reactions: Gagey52
If it's a gimbal overload message, check the visible ribbon cable on the gimbal and make sure it's flat (no folds or creases). I purchased a used P4P and it had this issue periodically, and it turned out the ribbon cable had been folded (god knows how) in a weird way, which prevented the gimbal from achieving full range of motion.

Gimbal motor overloaded can mean a lot of things but the most probable issue is the yaw motor. It can happen from leaving the gimbal cover on during startup or just normal use and anything in between. I’ve had to replace one and my brother has as well. Luckily it’s a cheap fix. My brother literally just got his back from DJI a couple days ago. If that’s the only thing that’s wrong with it like in his case the bill from DJI for everything came up to 81 dollars and change. That part was definitely a pleasant surprise lol….

Reactions: Gagey52

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj