P4Pro flight Around Illes Medes in Spain

No , this is the benefit of Litchi, and planning your mission well. I lost contact with the drone from the rc for about 7 minutes. But i have faith litchi would bring her back safe and sound. Litchi is the bomb

Ah gotcha on Litchi. Yeah this was a perfect time to use it Spike! I used it a few times to program some holes on a golf course. It worked almost perfect. Had some elevation change issues but it def helped on most of the holes. I spend so much time just practicing manual diff camera moves that I forget to play with programming more stuff with Litchi. Thx for the reply. Great video!

It takes a bit of getting used to, I use ordenance survey maps to determine the height of my take off point and the rise in elevation, I do see a lot of " I lost my drone" posts on here, and given the cost of a P4Pro its worth a couple of hours of planning .

Thanks for posting this spike ... some unsolicited constructive criticisms .... this video is far too long. Most viewers will tune out of even the most exciting content after 4 or 5 minutes max.... At about 11:40 or so, you flip to a clip of manual flying - the gimbal movements are jerky and also distract ... Please don't be offended ... not my intention at all! You had a great subject and designed a nice mission over open water - a tremendous thrill. Did your footage require color correction editing using software? Did you use any ND filters? I like the balance, hues and tones of this shoot. Thanks again for posting this!

No there was no color or lighting correction done to the video whatsoever. Apart from stitching the four segments together and adding the music, the video is untouched. I dont have ND filters for the drone, when im planning, I just visit the site first at different times of day , and pick the time when the light seems the best.

Interesting video man! Even more that it has been shot using Litchi. Just two things, try to speed it up and make it more dynamic (everything the same just speed up to 300-400%, trust me try :))
Other thing is that it is not in 50fps, maybe you shot it at 50, but i think it is exported as 25fps. It is a bit choppy, and usually when video is more than 25fps YouTube puts video frame rate next to the resolution (maybe this option can be switched off, not sure). If it really was in 50 it would be quite smooth.

Interesting video man! Even more that it has been shot using Litchi. Just two things, try to speed it up and make it more dynamic (everything the same just speed up to 300-400%, trust me try :))
Other thing is that it is not in 50fps, maybe you shot it at 50, but i think it is exported as 25fps. It is a bit choppy, and usually when video is more than 25fps YouTube puts video frame rate next to the resolution (maybe this option can be switched off, not sure). If it really was in 50 it would be quite smooth.

Ok thanks for the input. I might try the faster speed, but I prefer the slow and steady like cinematic mode.

Beautiful photography. I enjoyed the epic soundtrack. The shots toward the shoreline as it was returning were astounding.

It takes a bit of getting used to, I use ordenance survey maps to determine the height of my take off point and the rise in elevation, I do see a lot of " I lost my drone" posts on here, and given the cost of a P4Pro its worth a couple of hours of planning .
Did you notice that litchi provides you with MSL elevations for each waypoint you set when using their Mission Hub? It also provides the elevation deltas from first waypoint. There's really no need for anything else to determine land rise and fall, it's all inclusive in Litchi. Great s/w.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Wow...very nice. I haven't shot any real videos yet. Just a boring few videos of the RC range I did my second flight at..nothing really to see.
Lot of thoughts as I watched yours, like water overflight, I have to admit my mind would be thinking about that water under the p4p constantly.
Second thought was I can't wait to go somewhere worthy of video. I might have to wait until snow hits the slopes here on the east coast of US in the next 2 to 3 months.
Third thought is video editing..nice job..with my first videos I did add music to a couple, but no fades or blends with other flight videos, like yours...I have a lot t learn

Watching this video made me want to learn

Wow...very nice. I haven't shot any real videos yet. Just a boring few videos of the RC range I did my second flight at..nothing really to see.
Lot of thoughts as I watched yours, like water overflight, I have to admit my mind would be thinking about that water under the p4p constantly.
Second thought was I can't wait to go somewhere worthy of video. I might have to wait until snow hits the slopes here on the east coast of US in the next 2 to 3 months.
Third thought is video editing..nice job..with my first videos I did add music to a couple, but no fades or blends with other flight videos, like yours...I have a lot t learn

Watching this video made me want to learn

Flying over water isnt a problem really if you have planned your flight properly and have maintained your drone and you have full charge on good batteries. For you second point, I would look on google earth for close to where you live, im sure you will find something interesting to film. Thirdly, whatever you need to do with the video processing, im sure someone has done it before and provided a video on youtube on how to do it. Or you can always ask on this forum, im sure many more experienced processors/pilots will be more than happy to help. Choose your video editing software carefully and there will be help videos available in tutorial form for nearly all the functions. A program that comes as a suit with sound editing software is a plus, as long as its integrated. The rest is just practise!

Reactions: Slickvolt
Flying over water isnt a problem really if you have planned your flight properly and have maintained your drone and you have full charge on good batteries. For you second point, I would look on google earth for close to where you live, im sure you will find something interesting to film. Thirdly, whatever you need to do with the video processing, im sure someone has done it before and provided a video on youtube on how to do it. Or you can always ask on this forum, im sure many more experienced processors/pilots will be more than happy to help. Choose your video editing software carefully and there will be help videos available in tutorial form for nearly all the functions. A program that comes as a suit with sound editing software is a plus, as long as its integrated. The rest is just practise!
Thanks for the tips. Can you recommend any video editing software to me? I do realize it's a somewhat subjective question...different strokes for different folks...but the stage I'm at it really doesn't matter as I have like ZERO technique developed yet.

I usecyberlink PowerDirector 15 suite. Which comes with sound director ,its a good all round package for a hundred bucks and can process the H256 codec

I usecyberlink PowerDirector 15 suite. Which comes with sound director ,its a good all round package for a hundred bucks and can process the H256 codec
Thanks, I'll look it up...I have to start somewhere, technically I guess I did using the built in SW in the GO4app...not 100% certain of this, but my first impression was it was limited in capability.
Anyway thanks.

Thanks for the tips. Can you recommend any video editing software to me? I do realize it's a somewhat subjective question...different strokes for different folks...but the stage I'm at it really doesn't matter as I have like ZERO technique developed yet.
Davinci Resolve 14 is a fully integrated suite that is also free, so a good place to start.

If you're in the East you should be seeking out fall color to shoot, up close and from above. Do this on a sunny day in the late afternoon to enhance the color.

Reactions: Newbieguy

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic