P4P with new Polar Pro ND filters - Gimbal Clamp Fix

Reaction score
Being from Florida and usually flying with some sort of ND or PL filter on my Mavic Pro I was excited when my Polar Pro Vivid and Shutter filters arrived for my P4P. Took 5 weeks from time of order but they are finally here! Well made and worth the wait! Only issue, as several fellow pilots have posted is the P4P gimbal clamp will not fit correctly if one leaves a filter on the camera for storing.
My solution was a 5 minute fix and mod to clamp with a Dremel tool and trimming off the rear upright tab of the clamp. Works great, supports and secures my gimbal perfectly during storage and case transporting and still provides lens protection. Thought I would share with group.
c973ff7854512f978364baf7553b2d76.jpg
69403cadf3c37c24d58b3cbcf1598b5e.jpg
9882bc8051e83e3fcc7ac689ca29286e.jpg
c494f46dc2015a04962e40cbadd3aff3.jpg
d752c837aacd131f9ab5f4eedc7fc1f5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: qtonic and Neon Euc
Looks nice. I'm looking into getting a set of Polar pro filters for my Phantom 3 adv. I don't like the ones that slide on . I want the ones like your that screw on in place of the stock UV filter.

You may have been asking FLScout, but I ordered directly from PolarPro a day or two ago and the coupon code 'welcomewinter' was valid for 10% off.

$90 shipped wasn't too bad, I guess. If I could have found the OEM filters in stock I probably would have gone that route, especially since I likely only need 1 or 2. Still, I'm happy to be able to get them soon, hopefully.

Last edited:
Being from Florida and usually flying with some sort of ND or PL filter on my Mavic Pro I was excited when my Polar Pro Vivid and Shutter filters arrived for my P4P. Took 5 weeks from time of order but they are finally here! Well made and worth the wait! Only issue, as several fellow pilots have posted is the P4P gimbal clamp will not fit correctly if one leaves a filter on the camera for storing.
My solution was a 5 minute fix and mod to clamp with a Dremel tool and trimming off the rear upright tab of the clamp. Works great, supports and secures my gimbal perfectly during storage and case transporting and still provides lens protection. Thought I would share with group.

Curious if this will also work on an a Phantom 4. Anyone know if the dimensions are different. Would love to break out my dremel and save some money!

Reactions: Jeremiah Fitzjurls
Yes, it works! Thanks!
I did a small video unboxing the Shutter collection ND filters for the P4P featuring the 3-PACK FILTER CASE, which can fit the P4P ND filters and also the customized gimbal clamp.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers