p4p video twitch??

Reaction score
has anyone been suffering with what looks like a twitch in the video every so often? its a bit like when someone has a "nervous tick"
seems ok for the most part when watching playback, but every so often there a little tick as the camera seems to twitch now and then then its fine for a while.
any ideas what could be causing this?

Reactions: KevMo Photog
has anyone been suffering with what looks like a twitch in the video every so often? its a bit like when someone has a "nervous tick"
seems ok for the most part when watching playback, but every so often there a little tick as the camera seems to twitch now and then then its fine for a while.

Others have also reported this:

P4P Gimble twitch?

Hey Sean, might not be the same exact problem I had - but my P3S camera would move down and to the left awkwardly mid flight/video and it was so weird. I'd be filming the perfect scene and then it would just twitch down and to the left and then center back up. Annoying!!!

To fix it I wasn't able to pinpoint the problem bc I reset my RC and uninstalled my DJI GO app and reinstalled and the problem stopped for me :) poor A/B testing on my part but between the 2, it worked! Try starting with uninstalling the app and reinstalling first just to see if that works off the bat. A lot of ppl on here have recommended that to me as an easy test to fix a handful of minute issues.

Let me know if this works for you! Good luck!

-with drone obsession from the www.facebook.com/JTCfilms community! Come say HI :)

Hey Sean, might not be the same exact problem I had - but my P3S camera would move down and to the left awkwardly mid flight/video and it was so weird. I'd be filming the perfect scene and then it would just twitch down and to the left and then center back up. Annoying!!!

To fix it I wasn't able to pinpoint the problem bc I reset my RC and uninstalled my DJI GO app and reinstalled and the problem stopped for me :) poor A/B testing on my part but between the 2, it worked! Try starting with uninstalling the app and reinstalling first just to see if that works off the bat. A lot of ppl on here have recommended that to me as an easy test to fix a handful of minute issues.

Let me know if this works for you! Good luck!

-with drone obsession from the www.facebook.com/JTCfilms community! Come say HI :)
Thanks for the info. I was flying nice and slow as well. Only about 120m. It was a bit breezy as well, maybe that had something to do with it. It just seems like a little tick/twitch and then its smooth then a minute or two later it does it again.
It was its first flight out of the box, and i did upgrade firmware before i flew it as well.
Might try a little night flight tonight and see.

Interesting, uninstall the DJI app and install again and get it up in the air tonight and see if it acts up. Feel free to share a clip on my Facebook page below and we can diagnose it, and on here as well of course :) the more help the merrier!

Merry Christmas man!

P4P Gimble twitch?

did a couple of night flights this evening and upon playing back the footage on my pc i didnt notice any tick or anything so ill keep an eye out for it in future flights

Reactions: JTC Films
Interesting, uninstall the DJI app and install again and get it up in the air tonight and see if it acts up. Feel free to share a clip on my Facebook page below and we can diagnose it, and on here as well of course :) the more help the merrier!

Merry Christmas man!

merry christmas to you too!

Reactions: JTC Films
Thanks Sean!!!! I'm stoked that it worked for you!!!

Happy flying :)

It's more common than you might think. I've seen countless YouTube vids where you see (blink and you'll miss it) that random little twitch in the footage. I've seen it in the 3 series and the 4 series and the Mavic.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I sent that drone back to the retailer and got my money back and went somewhere else and got another p4p and not had any problems since

Not for that problem but i senr it back because of the way the camara gimbal would initislise itself wasnt right

I haven't seen it lately, but I do remember my p4p twitching here and there, but it's rare now with all the updates. Do you still get these twitches with the latest firmware?

Flew many flights today after updates...PERFECT, no issues, no twitch. BTW, is it possible to retireve the meta data (e.g. f stop, exposure etc., etc.,) from the video after its shot?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT