P4P+ video not working in Windows 10

Reaction score
The problem I'm having is probably a stupid switch or something. I can record in 4K, 1080P with no problems at all. I can download the video to computer but when I try to view I get an error saying unsupported format with either MP4 or MOV. Like straight off the SD card. If I convert the MP4 or MOV to AVI or MKV I lose quality but it will play on my computers. Surely I'm doing something stupid and it's an easy fix but I'm just not getting it. I can't find any other threads that might be close to my problem. I need help, please!!!

I can download the video to computer but when I try to view I get an error saying unsupported format with either MP4 or MOV.
That message is coming from whatever program you are using to play the videos.
It might not support mp4 & mov files but most video viewers will.
The solution is simple ... Use a different program.

Well, in VLC under Tools you can see codec info for the current file. Won't tell you everything, but may point you in the right direction.

Reactions: SurfingTech
Another happy VLC user here. I have it installed on my phone, all my tablets, and all my computers.

But still, none of my (aged) computers have the horsepower to play a 4K raw video copied straight from the SDcard. Soon as I get a spare $2-3k I'll build me a monster desktop! :D

Also, MOV is an Apple container - my Windows and Androids seem to like MP4 better.

Last edited:
Media player classic is even better than VLC sometimes, dont know why. It has always perplexed me.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl