P4P v2 - First Impressions

RPP

Reaction score
Website
www.parrikar.com
Just took my new P4P v2 for a spin. It is not a stealth bird by any means but right away I could tell that the noise level is noticeably lower than its predecessor and the whirr of the motors less jarring. All the controls as well as the feel are similar to the P4P. The images and the video are crisp. All in all a solid article, and I'm glad I chose it over the Mavic Pro 2.

Perhaps the next iteration of the Mavic will address the mushy video but for now the P4P v2 has an edge in image quality based on the reviews I have seen thus far.

One final note - Along with other settings such and Exp and Yaw, I changed the brake setting (in Sensitivity) to 85 but did not see much of an effect. The stopping even with gentle movements on the stick tends to 'rock' the bird. I am wary about reducing the brake setting too much. (I have the sticks lengthened.)

I'm very satisfied with my P4P v2. I find that it is much quieter above 75' and even in gusting winds it is very stable!

Reactions: RPP
I recently replaced my P4P with the P4P V2, and have been pleasantly surprised (wasn't expecting much different, other than ability to use the goggles). Camera and controls are consistent with my muscle memory. The new props do make a noticeable difference in sound, but it's still very much a drone. The ocusync makes a BIG difference for me. The live video feedback has been rock steady without any hiccups or shutters well past where the lightbridge on P4P went black, and I've actually flown the V2 farther away than the P4P because of this.

Reactions: jephoto

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl