P4P Plus controller issue

Reaction score
Hello,

My Phantom 4 pro+ controller is one the first ones. Unfortunately, this controller will not download 3rd party apps. So that limits me to DJIGO whixh is great. Promblem is that I am going to be doing alot of roof mapping and construction this year, and I need to get apps such as dronedeploy, pix4d, and others.

Can anyone help me being able to configure my P4P + so it can download these apps. I am desperate to get this done and open to options. Or if there is a link with instructions???

Hi,

There is nothing wrong with your controller. That is exactly the way it is designed to operate. The controller does not have Google Play capability and as such will not allow you to download/install other apps. There is a procedure to sideload Litchi, but that's about it.

I have Phantom 4 Pro Plus drones. However, I also have a standard Phantom 4 Pro controller for when I want to run other apps or want to use a larger tablet. If you purchase a Phantom 4 Pro controller you can easily switch between the two by linking the appropriate controller when you need it.

3 questions please

1 How do I get litchi on it?

2 Do you have steps?

3 Isn't there anquick crack that will allow the controller to keep the 3rd party apps?

Jjr

Step one would be to get a p4p controller without the screen.
Two would be to get some kind of screen device, like an iPad of some kind.
Three would be to purchase and install the litchi app on that device.
Four would be to find the YouTube video that shows a guy doing just what you are talking about.

Thanks. I am repairing yhe 2nd controller I have which I use my galaxy note 8 with. It being fixed but wanted to get better use out of the p4p+ controller which is great cond. I love to trade and/or sell then

Thanks. I am repairing yhe 2nd controller I have which I use my galaxy note 8 with. It being fixed but wanted to get better use out of the p4p+ controller which is great cond. I love to trade and/or sell then
Where are you located?

I bet I can sell the P4P PLUS contthen buy the P4P CS, and have about 200 left over from the difference the two controllers prices.

I have the same type controller, the V1, NOT V2. I don't know where people get that you can't install Litchi on these controllers. Owners have been able to install Litchi since last spring, when DJI updated the firmware on the controller. If you have current firmware on your controller, the installation of Litchi is done through the Amazon Appstore. Download the Appstore using the builtin browser to get the download. Once that's done, using the Appstore, download and install Litchi. It's the same version as GooglePlay has. If you're interested in getting Litchi fully installed, there's several postings about actual Litchi use. Don't believe these others here. Litchi can and has been installed on these P4P + controllers. I installed Litchi on my controller last May, and use Litchi most of the time, successfully, even waypoint flights

Hello,

My Phantom 4 pro+ controller is one the first ones. Unfortunately, this controller will not download 3rd party apps. So that limits me to DJIGO whixh is great. Promblem is that I am going to be doing alot of roof mapping and construction this year, and I need to get apps such as dronedeploy, pix4d, and others.

Can anyone help me being able to configure my P4P + so it can download these apps. I am desperate to get this done and open to options. Or if there is a link with instructions???

This might get you there:

LITCHI now on the Phantom 4 Pro Plus CONTROLLER - baby steps shown by Phantomrain.org

Reactions: amsjohn21
I have the same type controller, the V1, NOT V2. I don't know where people get that you can't install Litchi on these controllers. Owners have been able to install Litchi since last spring, when DJI updated the firmware on the controller. If you have current firmware on your controller, the installation of Litchi is done through the Amazon Appstore. Download the Appstore using the builtin browser to get the download. Once that's done, using the Appstore, download and install Litchi. It's the same version as GooglePlay has. If you're interested in getting Litchi fully installed, there's several postings about actual Litchi use. Don't believe these others here. Litchi can and has been installed on these P4P + controllers. I installed Litchi on my controller last May, and use Litchi most of the time, successfully, even waypoint flights

Please read my reply to the OP. I never said you can't install Litchi. I specifically mentioned that you can sideload Litchi on the controller. The OP wants to run other apps as well (like DroneDeploy) and there is no easy procedure to load those other apps.

I bet I can sell the P4P PLUS contthen buy the P4P CS, and have about 200 left over from the difference the two controllers prices.

Well in a perfect world, maybe? In the real world the resale value of the P4P+ controller may not be what you think it is, simply because of the issue you are now experiencing. Many people don't want to give up the functionality of the P4P controller. My personal view is that they are both useful and that is why I have both for my drones.

So maybe just buy the P4P controller and keep both, or find someone who would do an even swap with you if you don't want to spend any money on it.

Please read my reply to the OP. I never said you can't install Litchi. I specifically mentioned that you can sideload Litchi on the controller. The OP wants to run other apps as well (like DroneDeploy) and there is no easy procedure to load those other apps.

Using Amazon, it's not sideloaded like other apps require. From what I've read, Drone Deploy requires Google software to run, so unless you hack the controller, DD is out. I installed Litchi and a screen recorder using Amazon Appstore, and they work perfectly

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez