P4P Photos taken just fine but Video is messed up

Reaction score
P4p slid off of workbench and hit the ground. wound up with a bent skid that is temporarily fixed. But when turning it on i found that i could take still photos just fine but video side of things were really messed up.

Video:
Screenshot_20190606-112042.jpg

Still Photo screen
Screenshot_20190606-112107.jpg

It also captures video on the card as it appears on the screen
Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Jury

Hi. This is exactly what is going on with mine. It started acting up a few weeks after a failed auto take off. It gets worse when the bird is rotating in flight. Did you ever find out what was wrong?

I have a similar issue after a crash and replacement of gimbal parts including the ribbon cable. Is there any noticeable damage on the cable or had any crashes recently? What about firmware updates? (edited cause i cant read) I also get bad stutter in video feed that makes the camera unusable for video regardless of resolution and fps.
I plan on taking mine apart again and testing the ribbon cable for defects if thats not it then i was going start replacing crap till i know.

Might be the camera IMU/power board, could be the image processor, idk.

Last edited:
These are what my phantom see. The 1st one was when trying to film in higher res, the bottom one shows the horizontal lines that track up and down the image anytime i try to move the camera. It's really really bad. Only seems to get worse as the drone warms up. I have a feeling its one of the boards, either the camera imu inside the camera itself, the power distribution board in the upper portion of the camera module, or the video processor underneath that board....... If anyone knows how to test these without buying new ones I'd love to hear it.
1.JPG

2.JPG

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4