P4P Mounted to vehicle?

Reaction score
I recently did a fly-in-fly-out video of a very large residential development by holding my P4P out the window. The quality was not great and I'm wondering if any of ya'll have seen a commercial mount where you can put the drone on the hood of your vehicle to use just the camera as you drive? Yes I know I can use a go pro or similar, but I'd like to explore this option...

I recently did a fly-in-fly-out video of a very large residential development by holding my P4P out the window. The quality was not great and I'm wondering if any of ya'll have seen a commercial mount where you can put the drone on the hood of your vehicle to use just the camera as you drive? Yes I know I can use a go pro or similar, but I'd like to explore this option...
can you not put it on the dashboard? as for a hood mount maybe some bungi cords stretched across the hood (bonnet for us in the UK)

Well, I can get creative an invent a solution, I was just wondering if anyone out there has seen a commercial solution? Or maybe I'm just the first dummy to try it? It definitely wont fit on the dash, plus Id have to deal with windshield glare.

Try these if you can find them at an office supply.
They fit fairly well on the landing legs and can be stuck to your hood.

Try these if you can find them at an office supply.
They fit fairly well on the landing legs and can be stuck to your hood.
Yes...that is something like what I was thinking. Simple solution THANKS!!

I use them as strobe light holder. Velcro on the flat side and clipped on to the front or rear face of landing legs.
You will want to use two on each leg for proper support.

Might be easier to buy a DJI Osmo Action Camera or GoPro and mount it on the car. You can have the same settings and blend them in a video program.

These adhesive backed zip tie holders would be ideal. Mount them on the hood at the proper distance to zip tie the legs of your P4P and off you go. When you’re done snip the tie and if you want remove the holder easy peasy lemon squeesy!

It can FLY don't tie it down for Pete's sake. If the roads where you are. Are anything like where I live the gimbal will be in for a rough ride.

Reactions: 1EagleDave
It can FLY don't tie it down for Pete's sake.
Between the suspension of the vehicle itself and the shock absorbing capabilities of the P4P camera, somewhat doubtful that what the OP is attempting to do would be detrimental to the aircraft. Props could certainly be removed and aircraft would then be just a camera platform.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20