P4P+ Monitor

Reaction score
Today, I turned on my P4P+ (integrated monitor) and the system automatically updated the firmware on the bird and controller. Very nice!!! BUT, I am not sure what would have happened had I not preflighted it in the house with WIFI. Quite possibly I would not have been able to fly. Always a good idea to preflight at home prior to flying but it looks to be a requirement with the 'plus'. BTW, I love this system though I have not flown much due to rainy days. (This is my 5th Phantom over the past three years.)

I am not sure what would have happened had I not preflighted it in the house with WIFI
Nothing would have happened since firmware updates are optional.

Quite possibly I would not have been able to fly.

I am not so sure about that. I don't have anything set up to update automatically because of the off chance situation where an upgrade has some unintended consequence. I prefer to be a lemming and have others validate a software upgrade before I jump on the bandwagon.

I do agree with your suggestion to do a pre-flight at home. Nothing worse than doing an upgrade on the home wifi and then get out into the field with an issue from that upgrade. That could be a situation where you possibly could not fly.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ODIN Reviews