P4P+ Monitor and Aircraft

Reaction score
1. Can a person purchase the high-visibility monitor without buying the entire P4P+ controller?

2. And is the aircraft itself any different, or is the "+" just controller differences?

Personally, I would go for the P4 Pro without the screen and use an Apple Pro 9.7" or iPad Air 2 + Cellular tablet. The DJI screen, although brighter, doesn't allow for any extra autoflight apps you may want to add later as it is a locked system and probably little internal memory to do so. Someday, whenever DJI puts out their CrystalSky screens, you can then use that as an additional monitor and still be able to use whatever apps you like for autoflight like Litichi or Autopilot, B4UFly, etc.

Looking at the different models of the devices available in the market and people facing problems, DJI is attempting to introduce its own device with a view to reduce site problems and get a better sales share. As developing reliable devices is not an easy task, I'm pretty sure first version will have issues and no one can predict the time to stabilize the product. In my view, one should wait for considerable long time to get a comparably a reliable product.

These are just my views as I have been in this field for quite long period. Who knows DJI might surprise us with a tie up.

In short, P4P may be a better solution in my views.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Someday, whenever DJI puts out their CrystalSky screens, you can then use that as an additional monitor and still be able to use whatever apps you like for autoflight like Litichi or Autopilot, B4UFly, etc.
It it nothing but speculation whether the CrystalSky will or will not support the user installing whatever apps they like. In fact, since DJI has set a precedent of a protected environment with the P4P+ a better guess might be that they will carry that over to the CrystalSky. The reason for the restriction is no doubt so that users will not install any number of unpredictable apps and potential background processes and then call the P4P+ system 'unreliable' (as well as such activity being a nightmare for DJI to try to support) and there's no reason to believe that they won't have the same philosophy with the CrystalSky. Either way, we just don't know.

Last edited:
1. Can a person purchase the high-visibility monitor without buying the entire P4P+ controller?
2. And is the aircraft itself any different, or is the "+" just controller differences?
1. Here's all that anyone knows about the crystal sky monitors: CrystalSky
2. Yes, the aircraft are identical

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT