P4P- I am going to fly over water for the first time.

I've been flying over the bays and estuaries of the South Shore of Long Island for nearly a year now with my P3A. What's nice is the line of sight operation can get to about 9,000 feet at about 250 feet alt. with no problems. Bay fowl seem to stay out of it's way though a few scary moments have happened.

Over water flying? Reminds me of a comment my first flying instructor made. "If you can't land on it, don't fly over it!"

I will tell you the same thing my wife told me when I was afraid to go out far over the ocean, " What's the difference if it drops 200 yards out or a mile out, it's still a goner"

Reactions: Signal Tracer
I've always read turn VPS off over water especially if flying close to water. I'm assuming this is correct as I have not flown over water yet. I'm using ph4.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Hello Cliff. I've recently flown over water with my P4. I couldn't tell any difference, other than a better radio signal if your on the Bank or shore. The reason I received a better signal for me was due to no obstacle between me and the UAV. Usually I fly from a heavy canopy of Forrest that my Drone pops out of, I'm down on ground level. This is sometimes a signal problem, but over water the signal is nice and strong, low flying not a problem, I usually stay in sport mode until The UAV gets really close to the water than hit P mode for the gain reductions

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures