P4P Footage issues

Reaction score
I suck at forums and finding stuff so maybe this is already posted but here is mine. I just sold my 4 to get the 4 Pro and haven't been the happiest so far. Video after being downloaded on my computer is clear but NOT 4 K clear. Its not sharp and I have been having issues with it video going out randomly and close too, like right above me close. I had the 4 so I know somewhat how to operate these things but this hasn't been a great experience and very disappointed in quality. I would love to send someone a video if anyone would be interested and see what u think. Thanks in advance. Oh and my 4 would hover and NOT MOVE AN INCH, and this 4 Pro hovers all over the place even after calibrating everything, I had to take the fist one back it was so bad and it would keep stopping in an open field like it was finding something to avoid. This one Hovers all over the place too. Normal for these maybe lol?..........

Oh and my 4 would hover and NOT MOVE AN INCH, and this 4 Pro hovers all over the place even after calibrating everything
There are too many possible causes to guess what the video issue might be without seeing a sample.
The most likely explanation of your hovering issue is here: P4P not holding position/drifting

I suck at forums and finding stuff so maybe this is already posted but here is mine. I just sold my 4 to get the 4 Pro and haven't been the happiest so far. Video after being downloaded on my computer is clear but NOT 4 K clear. Its not sharp and I have been having issues with it video going out randomly and close too, like right above me close. I had the 4 so I know somewhat how to operate these things but this hasn't been a great experience and very disappointed in quality. I would love to send someone a video if anyone would be interested and see what u think. Thanks in advance. Oh and my 4 would hover and NOT MOVE AN INCH, and this 4 Pro hovers all over the place even after calibrating everything, I had to take the fist one back it was so bad and it would keep stopping in an open field like it was finding something to avoid. This one Hovers all over the place too. Normal for these maybe lol?..........

The Phantom 4 Pro video is soft with default settings. But this is what most people prefer who want to do their sharpening in post.
In the DJI go 4 app set the Video profile to normal and use +1 or +2 for sharpening, and a +1 for contrast. and set saturation to 0 or -1.
This will give you a clean sharp image without any post. For a even cleaner Image without post processing. Use h.265 at 24 or 30 fps. with a
shutter speed around 100 at f4 to f5, but you will need ND filter to achieve this in daylight. This will give you even a sharper image with good saturation, but less motion blur.

To fix your other issue with your video going out on your controller. In the DJI GO 4 app. go into the RC controller menu and select 5.8 Ghz and auto. This should fix your video issues on you controller. Most likely you are getting interference from a 2.4 Ghz WiFi. This is how I corrected the same issue.

I am not sure what is going on with your Hover issue. I would do a IMU and compass calibration and make sure all my sensors are turn on in the DJI GO 4 App and the controller is set to P mode.

My phantom 4 Pro is rock solid in hover.

Reactions: Gulfstream
My 4 would hover like it was sitting still, and I have calibrated both Units and neither hover well at all. Do you happen to have an email I can send a video to just to get your opinion on it?

My 4 would hover like it was sitting still, and I have calibrated both Units and neither hover well at all. Do you happen to have an email I can send a video to just to get your opinion on it?
Where are you hovering?
Is the drifting due to VPS problems with a ground pattern that confuses the VPS?
Does it still drift when higher than VPS range or with VPS disabled?

The Phantom 4 Pro video is soft with default settings. But this is what most people prefer who want to do their sharpening in post.
In the DJI go 4 app set the Video profile to normal and use +1 or +2 for sharpening, and a +1 for contrast. and set saturation to 0 or -1.
This will give you a clean sharp image without any post. For a even cleaner Image without post processing. Use h.265 at 24 or 30 fps. with a
shutter speed around 100 at f4 to f5, but you will need ND filter to achieve this in daylight. This will give you even a sharper image with good saturation, but less motion blur.

To fix your other issue with your video going out on your controller. In the DJI GO 4 app. go into the RC controller menu and select 5.8 Ghz and auto. This should fix your video issues on you controller. Most likely you are getting interference from a 2.4 Ghz WiFi. This is how I corrected the same issue.

I am not sure what is going on with your Hover issue. I would do a IMU and compass calibration and make sure all my sensors are turn on in the DJI GO 4 App and the controller is set to P mode.

My phantom 4 Pro is rock solid in hover.
Man I am a moron lol, but thanks for the detailed information. I can't find any of these setting u are talking about. I have never dug deep into them as my 4 was spot on. Sorry again for the stupidity and thanks for the help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72