p4a fell out the sky

I'm afraid that looks like power failure due to battery ejection. The high-sample-rate motor voltage record shows the voltage to the motors collapsing 450.44 s into the flight, which is characteristic of other events where the battery has not been latched and disconnected during a maneuver. Notice that you have both extreme pitch and rate of change of pitch just before the power failure. My guess would be that the battery latches were not properly secured.

FLY159_2_01.png

dammit thanks a lot for your help.. so what would you do in this situation. everything seems to work but the gimbal is noisy. motors turn on but case is mangled pretty good.. should I take a chance on sending it to DJI ?

dammit thanks a lot for your help.. so what would you do in this situation. everything seems to work but the gimbal is noisy. motors turn on but case is mangled pretty good.. should I take a chance on sending it to DJI ?

Well you just eliminated one other possibility - that a connector or joint broke internally. If it still powers up then I think it had to be the battery disconnecting. Was it still in the aircraft after the crash?

In any case, DJI will see the same data that I just looked at and I would be surprised if they came to a different conclusion. You don't have DJI Refresh, presumably? If not then I would probably send it in and see if they will at least give you a discount on a replacement.

no I don't have refresh. the battery was in until it hit the ground. I would fix it my self but the price of the camera is the kicker.

everything works video camera pics but the gimbal makes a buzzing sound every now and then. upper,lower,landing gear is all I can see from the outside at this point. I read the buzzing has been an issue before online.

sar104 you were correct poor connection

Attachments

• IMG_0176.jpg
    IMG_0176.jpg
    379.6 KB · Views: 454
  • IMG_0180.jpg
    IMG_0180.jpg
    381.1 KB · Views: 394
my p4a just fell out the sky and I need to file a claim. my problem is I have a maxxuav clean install kit in the antenna port. is this going to cause a problem with my claim ? thanks Matt

You aren’t going to be sending the remote controller in, just the aircraft, so that won’t be a problem.

What about the data that was decoded and showed the power dropping off the chart. Just say I send it in and they say it my fault cause of the battery issue they charge 65 just for looking at it if I don't let them fix it out of my pocket.

What about the data that was decoded and showed the power dropping off the chart. Just say I send it in and they say it my fault cause of the battery issue they charge 65 just for looking at it if I don't let them fix it out of my pocket.

You mentioned in post #39 that it was a poor connection but I could not figure out from the photos what, exactly, you had concluded. Do you think that the battery was not fully locked in place with both clips, or was there some other mechanism for the poor connection?

I think it wasn't fully locked in on the bottom. So the lack of full battery to terminal connect. So when I went full power the terminals got hot to the point the battery plastic melted and lost power.

And to top it all off these came today

Attachments

• 40144EE3-5203-4855-8AD2-4BAC67565AE7.jpeg
    40144EE3-5203-4855-8AD2-4BAC67565AE7.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 320

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member