P4 video speed class for micro SD cards

Reaction score
Hello again P friends,

I'm looking to find out information on what speed class I can use on a microSD card for my P4. The highest is 10 to my knowledge. And for myself, 32 gigs would be fine. Should I just match the SD card's physical shape with one that is a class 10 video speed? Or is there certain specifications I should look for when purchasing a new one ? other words, will any microSD card that is the same physical shape work in my P4?

Here's what I use. Price is right too!
Lexar 633x 32GB TF microSDHC Micro SD SDHC UHS-I Class 10 Memory Card 4K 95MB/s
xxxgf.jpg

There are two speeds you should look at on any given micro sd card. Read and write speed. Match or exceed the specs required for what device you're using it in. Look closely at the specs in the one mentioned above. The add does not give you that info. You should go to the manufacturers website and do some research to be sure of what you're getting. For that
price, I would do the google. Good luck.

From the Lexar website:
Quickly captures, stores, plays back, and transfers media files, including 1080p full-HD, 3D, and 4K video / Leverages UHS-I technology for a transfer speed up to 95MB/s (633x)

I use these for 4K video and Raw stills and have had no issues at all.
P4P and Zenmuse Z3 and X5

bc8b66b7b4d2efe6b04b511189ff70ce.jpg

So this card started giving me "writing slow" warnings and won't work anymore. Worked fine for a couple weeks. I bought a card reader for my iPad and put the card back into the p4p now it won't record more than like 7 secs before wiggling out making all my settings go to N/a then resetting. I switched back to the 8gig it comes with and that works fine. It's just this card. Any help? And how do I start a new thread. Can't figure it out lol

Here is some info off the Lexar website, please read!! It says that the standard microSD card that comes with the P4 is not capable of supporting anything higher than 1080p which is UHS class 1.

Looking for feedback on this information please

Class 10 & U1 – these cards are capable of recording at up to 10 MB/s, so they are well suited for pro-level still cameras shooting RAW photos, and HD video recording at up to 1080p. This is a great speed to purchase if you’re looking for a balance between compatibility with your current equipment and future usage as well.

U3 – these cards are overkill for most uses, but are absolutely crucial if you’re shooting 4K video with your device. 4K video files are large, and require a card with a high sustainable speed to be able to write them properly. U3 cards are quite a bit more expensive than the slower speeds, but if you need them, you really shouldn’t risk using anything slower.

Here is some info off the Lexar website, please read!! It says that the standard microSD card that comes with the P4 is not capable of supporting anything higher than 1080p which is UHS class 1.
It would be pretty stupid to supply a card that isn't suitable for the camera - DJI aren't that stupid.
The Lexar cards that I've seen supplied as standard are more than adequate for shooting 4K video.
i-t5xtCRc-M.jpg

They work just fine in the Phantoms I've used.
If you look at the specs for these cards, their write speed is 25 MB/s which is well in excess of the 15 MB/s needed for 4K video recording.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor