P4 Timed photos or time lapse?

Reaction score
Hi all,

Regarding the timer function on the P4 for taking timed photos, when you upload to a PC/Editing Program what you’ve captured, is it multiple photos that you’d then have to apply a time duration on for each photo/frame captured or does the P4 stitch the photos it takes into a ready made time lapse?

Thanks for any help.

Dave.

If what you are talking about us the same as doing a little Earth panorama use PTgui software there are plenty of demos on YouTube.

Ok, thanks for the reply.

It’s more a sunrise time lapse I’m planning on doing.

Looking at the timer function on the Dji Go app, I’ve set the timer to a photo every 10 secs. I could see the photo being taken every 10 secs.

I’m just trying to ascertain how Dji stores the photos it takes: a series of individual photos or a ready made time lapse that you can drop into your editing program’s timeline?

Make sense?

I would imagine they are individual shots stored on the ad card which you will then have to stich together. I don't use DJI Go very often and haven't in more than a year but can't imagine that they will be a true time lapse straight off the card but will leave the step by step to those that use Go instead of Litchi. Good luck and share your image here when you get it sorted.

Ok, thanks again, ukracer.

Yeah, I’m more of the view now it’ll be multiple individual photos and I’ll have to process them on the timeline with their own duration.

It’s going to be an establishing shot in a longer video.

I’ll try post it here when it’s done.

Thanks again.

Ok, thanks again, ukracer.

Yeah, I’m more of the view now it’ll be multiple individual photos and I’ll have to process them on the timeline with their own duration.

It’s going to be an establishing shot in a longer video.

I’ll try post it here when it’s done.

Thanks again.
Hi. They are stored as individual pics. If you us premiere pro its much easier to just take a long video then speed it up. I've done both and the video way you also don't have use any stabilization. Look for Justin odisho on you tube.

Ok, thanks for the confirmation^^^^

I actually prefer the juddering of a time lapse compared to just speeding up a normal video.

Visually, it captures it better, I find.

I use CyberLink Power Director. It’ll arrange the frames and the duration of each frame to create that time lapse look.

Thanks again all. Appreciate it.

When the weather gets better I plan to try doing a time-lapse.

See also:

"French photographer Yannick Cerrutti recently released a breath taking hyper-lapse produced over the Alps with his drone. It required two years of work and the capture of 13,000 DNG images to finish this project. His video has been selected for the 2018 New-York City Drone Film Festival.

Producing a hyper-lapse is extremely time consuming but the progress of gimbal and stabilization technology allows to automatize the process up to a certain point. Mr. Cerrutti used a DJI Phantom 3 Pro and Phantom 4 Pro to record the hyper-lapse but he still had to spend countless hours in post-production to stabilize the video in After Effects."

A Stunning Hyper-lapse Video Filmed With a Drone Over the Alps Mountains

Ok, well that was cool.

The smoothness of that hyperlapse video certainly is part of the video itself. I think because the drone in the video above is moving, the smoothness is more important.

My plan is to just take-off straight up into position. No lateral positioning needed, I’ll be in a field, and capture a sunrise over the town. This should help with getting the most from the battery.

All the effort for 4 seconds of video!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164