P4 lens compatibility

I'm assuming, after 35 years as a professional photographer, several awards (4 so far this year), 5 books in my own name; including one called "Becoming a successful Photographer, 5 years of teaching for the biggest online photography diploma course in the world and writing 4 advanced modules for them and 6 years of being associate editor of one of the best selling camera magazines in the UK
Impressive credentials aside, we shouldn't just assume the photos look better just because you believe the filter itself is not as cheap looking ;)

Impressive credentials aside, we shouldn't just assume the photos look better just because you believe the filter itself is not as cheap looking ;)

I also said the original fell out of its support and I didn't trust it to stay in place. I do feel a bit more confident that the Neewer is actually filtering UV light. UV filters have a magenta coating. The original is definitely clear(er). Many less expensive filters have less coating on them (of whatever type they are). If the DJI has a coating at all, it's pretty thin.

I also said the original fell out of its support and I didn't trust it to stay in place. I do feel a bit more confident that the Neewer is actually filtering UV light. UV filters have a magenta coating. The original is definitely clear(er). Many less expensive filters have less coating on them (of whatever type they are). If the DJI has a coating at all, it's pretty thin.
As pointed out in these links, in digital cameras filtering out UV light isn't terribly important:
Even if it was important, that sort of thing can be done in software these days.
But a flying camera does need a protective layer over the lens to keep out bugs, dust and grit.

As pointed out in these links, in digital cameras filtering out UV light isn't terribly important:
Even if it was important, that sort of thing can be done in software these days.
But a flying camera does need a protective layer over the lens to keep out bugs, dust and grit.

This is from my first post...

I've always put a UV filter on my camera lenses. Often the difference in image quality is negligible, but they protect the front element.

Do you guys actually read posts or do you just like to beat up on newbies. I was trying to be helpful. I'm outta here, you bunch of dicks.

Do you guys actually read posts or do you just like to beat up on newbies. I was trying to be helpful. I'm outta here, you bunch of dicks.
My apologies if you thought I was beating up on you. I was just wondering why you replaced the stock UV filter with another brand that seemed to do nothing but obstruct the gimbal lock.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72