P4 Hands On Impressions (Photos & Video) Post here!

All the early reports I'm here about flight time is disappointing 18-20 mins actual flight time. So its no where near the advertised 28 mins. Has anyone had any flight times over 25 mins.
Right at 24 minutes here:

I thought there would be way more videos posted today. :D
Oh I'm sure starting later tonight, once people are able to edit and upload, we'll have a non-stop stream. :)

Any idea how long the battery takes to charge?
Way to long since we all only have one :(

Once it's cool and is able to charge it takes roughly an hour. Hopefully in the future there will be adapter cables to use aftermarket chargers. I have a nice Thunderpower I would much rather use.

I just got mine in the air for real (not on strings :) No issues whatsoever. It flies very big, and extremely stable. I went from a phantom 1 and q500 so I never flew a P3. The GPS mode flies sluggish but it is really stable and smooth but that all changes in sport mode. It zips, moves as fast as you would expect, props get in the frame though. Overall extremely impressed, the software (coming from a q500) is amazing. Fast responsive. I am in the office but will upload some test video I took. Came with the latest firmware installed.
Yep, it must be the latest firmware because there's no firmware available from DJI's website. Yes, coming from Q500 it's huge leap in performance and software. I have a Q500+ myself, it's a slug in comparison to P3, and much more the P4 I'm sure.

Enjoyed two flights with the P4 today. My first drone flights ever. First flight I tried all the bells and whistles and can say the avoidance worked great when approaching myself, the truck and a light post. I landed after 20 minutes and still had 28% battery. Temperature was about 55 and little to no winds. I kept in P-mode and had video on nearly the entire flight. The tracking could not lock on to my son as he walked across the pathway but I with no experience with this I would blame the pilot.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Does the GO update have the P4 support now? Is that how you guys are flying?

I think it does now. My iOS version was updated today and shows the option to select the P4 from the main screen. Somebody with a P4 will have to confirm though.

Three flights so far 20, 23, and 22 minutes all landing with 10% battery. The 23 minute fight was at 91deg but the A/C was in forward motion most of the flight.

They say 28 minutes of flight in Atti mode. I'm sure on a cold dry day with the proper forward airspeed you could do it.

The optics look fantastic! Notice in all the videos how everything looks flat and crisp. No lens warp, and no blurring around the edges. That better lens assembly really adds a huge upgrade to the camera.

Did anyone try the new version of the app with the p3? Any issues?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj