P4 Fresh Water Crash

Use Silica beads, rice is an old wives tale. It doesn't work that well.

Hello!

I think this might be my first post since I have only used this site for reading and research over the last year, so I just want to make sure anyone reading this knows that I did a thorough search before starting this thread.

Earlier today my P4 freaked out as it was coming in for a landing and crashed into a bridge and into an ice cold fresh water river. Of course, I dove in after it so it was only in there for under 10-15 minutes and never went below a foot or two getting stuck on a rock where I was able to retrieve it. At some point, the battery ejected, but I do not know if that was before or after the bath.

I have not plugged it in to any power and will not until I can be sure it has thoroughly dried. I am seeking advice. If this were a cell phone, I would seal it in a bag of rice for five days. I did use a blow dryer on the cool setting attempting to blow out all the water.

There appears to be no visible damage, other than the broken props. What should I do before attempting to power it up for the first time? I am looking forward to any and all suggestions from this "pool" of experienced Drone pilots!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Jeremy
VicariousInfusion.TV

Does it work? What did you get figured out?

No, actually, bone stock... I have not tried Litchi. Is it known for this type of event?
Not at all. Litchi is VERY stable. If you search here for Litchi problems and read EVERY post in the threads (rather than just the title) concerning it, they're always pilot error.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT