P4 controller issue

Reaction score
Hey gang, I was having the issue with my controller where it wouldn't charge. Done my research and decided to do the reflow myself. Well it went bad before I really got started.

While disassembling the controller I managed to break one of the small ribbon cables.

Does anyone have any experience with sending the controller in to DJI? Anyone done so and care to share the cost /your experience with DJI? THANKS

A friend just sent on in to DJI for a charge issue. They told him it was damaged and the repair was going to be 90.00.
The authorized DJI store in the Phoenix area wanted 250.00 for the same work. They said they get one a week with this problem. I may have the ribbon cable if you need one. LMK.

A friend just sent on in to DJI for a charge issue. They told him it was damaged and the repair was going to be 90.00.
The authorized DJI store in the Phoenix area wanted 250.00 for the same work. They said they get one a week with this problem. I may have the ribbon cable if you need one. LMK.
Thanks, I can live with $90ish. Thanks for the great offer on the ribbon cable but I'm just gonna let DJI fix it. The end that connect to the board is what broke. I was using a sharp pick to try and remove it but I guess I couldn't really see well enough to do it. Thanks again

Reactions: Starz
Hello,

I just got back my Phantom 4 Advanced controller from DJI. I swear the antennas on these P4 controllers are very brittle. Both of mine broke off at the base of the controller. I tried to replace them while carefully watching youtube videos. I ended up tearing the ribbon cable you are likely talking about.

I sent mine to DJI. They were quick to diagnose the issues and charged me $77 to "fix it". I shipped it to them (they will email you a pre-paid shipping label so you can drop it off at a UPS store.). Three days after dropping it in the mail, I got a response detailing the parts to fix. I agreed and they sent it back. Total time, from me mailing it to them and DJI fixing and sending back was 9 days! I was surprised...but not when I opened up the box...they sent me a BRAND NEW GL300C, version b remote. I linked it to my P4A and it works great.

It's the second time I've used DJI and they simply sent me a brand new "unit". The other was a Mavic Air, and they sent me what looked like a new drone. Different serial number....I cannot say 100% it was new. But, the remote they sent back to me was new.

I've heard people describe bad situations regarding DJI repair service, but I guess I'm lucky. They've always been quick and reasonably priced... They were also quick to respond to emails as well.

You should seriously consider sending your remote to DJI. I wish I'd done that earlier than trying to fix it myself. That was a frustrating thing. Nice peace of mind that you'll get your controller back working as good as it did on day one.

Hello,

I just got back my Phantom 4 Advanced controller from DJI. I swear the antennas on these P4 controllers are very brittle. Both of mine broke off at the base of the controller. I tried to replace them while carefully watching youtube videos. I ended up tearing the ribbon cable you are likely talking about.

I sent mine to DJI. They were quick to diagnose the issues and charged me $77 to "fix it". I shipped it to them (they will email you a pre-paid shipping label so you can drop it off at a UPS store.). Three days after dropping it in the mail, I got a response detailing the parts to fix. I agreed and they sent it back. Total time, from me mailing it to them and DJI fixing and sending back was 9 days! I was surprised...but not when I opened up the box...they sent me a BRAND NEW GL300C, version b remote. I linked it to my P4A and it works great.

It's the second time I've used DJI and they simply sent me a brand new "unit". The other was a Mavic Air, and they sent me what looked like a new drone. Different serial number....I cannot say 100% it was new. But, the remote they sent back to me was new.

I've heard people describe bad situations regarding DJI repair service, but I guess I'm lucky. They've always been quick and reasonably priced... They were also quick to respond to emails as well.

You should seriously consider sending your remote to DJI. I wish I'd done that earlier than trying to fix it myself. That was a frustrating thing. Nice peace of mind that you'll get your controller back working as good as it did on day one.
Appreciate the feedback. Makes me feel a little easier. Yes I've heard some stories as well.

I've reflowed my R/C 4 or 5 times now. I get 4 lights charging, but on GO4 only showing 76% charged. I can fly 4 batteries but it gets pretty low on the 4th battery. After reading your successes, I may send mine back to DJI. Please post if the battery issue is fixed along with the ribbon cable, when you get the R/C back

After flying thru 4 batteries, your R/C is that low? That sounds pretty extreme. Mine always lasted three+ weeks (flying 5 days per week).

I sent it in and 9 days later I it showed up on my doorstep. The battery seems great on this R/C. As I said, I'm 99% sure they kept my old R/C and sent me a new one. And the new one performs great!

How old is your R/C? What model do you have? The R/C on all my phantom 3's run down pretty much as you describes yours behaving. But, the two P4's I have...the remote's battery lasts a really long time.

After flying thru 4 batteries, your R/C is that low? That sounds pretty extreme. Mine always lasted three+ weeks (flying 5 days per week).

I sent it in and 9 days later I it showed up on my doorstep. The battery seems great on this R/C. As I said, I'm 99% sure they kept my old R/C and sent me a new one. And the new one performs great!

How old is your R/C? What model do you have? The R/C on all my phantom 3's run down pretty much as you describes yours behaving. But, the two P4's I have...the remote's battery lasts a really long time.

My RC is a 300F from '17. I never payed much attention to the RC battery level as it lasted for months, until 1 day...Since then it's like driving an electric car and having battery range anxiety. I'm hesitating to send it in because I have Firmware 1.6.0 and don't want to upgrade anything. It might come back with the latest firmware causing me to upgrade the AC and GO4, which I don't want to do.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers