P4 battery warranty UK

Reaction score
Hey all,

Bought a p4 in November, flown is 5x in total and battery has a faulty cell (error message in go app). I can see cell no3 has 0.3v lower voltage.

The place I bought the drone from has closed down (maplins) and I can't find what the battery warranty is for the UK. Bit miffed to have got 5 cycles on this battery and the p4 and it is knackered but alas.

I will try to contact DJI when the open but any info would be good if anyone knows.

DJI will say 3mths on the battery.

In ordinary circumstances (domestic use with reasonable care) I wouldn’t cop that. 6months is probably a reasonable minimum and arguing 12 shouldn’t be too great a stretch.

Consumer protection laws operate to override manufacturer warranties (DJI is being stingy with 3 months). It all comes down to what a consumer should reasonably expect having regard to intended purpose, actual usage and price of the article.

In your case with only 5 cycles and the period of ownership I would look at how you have handled the pack, particularly your storage conditions. If it had been sitting around close to fully discharged you might need to put this down to experience. No LiION battery will fair well in those circumstances and you should expect the cells to be permanently damaged and unfortunately it would be unreasonable to expect the manufacturer to make good.

How can you leave a phantom 4 battery fully charged? It self discharges in 10 days by default.

Discharged..... I suggested close to fully discharged as one scenario that will kill LiION cells if they happen to drop below critical minimum voltage.

That definitely hasn't happened no, I've never landed with less than 30%, I assume logs will back that up.

Whatever the cells discharge to, I charged it about 3 weeks ago and didn't fly it but the self discharge is set to 1 day so it is whatever that is set to.

I have only flown the p4 maybe 6x over 2 batts, I have a typhoon H I prefer to use so I rarely use the p4 tbh.

I should add, I've been flying with lipos long before they were in drones so I know how to look after them. The downside with DJI is these "smart" batteries, I'd rather put a Lipo monitor on them and charge on my powerlab but alas.....That is one of the reasons I prefer the typhoon H.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West