P4 batteries just shut off....

Reaction score
Don't understand... Have had no issues with my personal batteries (Phantom 4 or Inspire 1). Fly them, charge them back up, and put them in storage mode when not using them for a while. Had the work Phantom 4 batteries fully charged after a flight, then switched the power bank to "storage". Brought them down to 40%ish. and now, all 3 batteries show NO LIGHTS. Did some research and apparently the charger doesn't even register that there are batteries sitting in the charger. Just yellow lights. Switched them out with my batteries and charger is fine. Plugged these dead batteries into my personal charger and they done even register that they are in the charger.

What are the chances of all 3 batteries taking a DUMP on the same day. Wednesday, all was fine, they were 40% charged... Monday...DEAD !!!!!

PS: Watched a "Inspire 1 BRICKED battery trick" on YouTube where they bypass the circuit board and bring them back to life.. But can not find any video on how to possibly bring back to life the Phantom 4 batteries...

Anyone else had this issue? Please don't say "Contact DJI"... I want to be retired by that time..LOL

I believe theirs Hope for them....the word is sounds like they went in "hibernation mode".......i'm not going say how to bring them out of that mode...So...i want another person here to help you....i would but i have never had to do it and i have read about it......so stay with us OK ? (OK on the contact Dji that made me laff )

Reactions: Mark The Droner
I believe theirs Hope for them....the word is sounds like they went in "hibernation mode".......i'm not going say how to bring them out of that mode...So...i want another person here to help you....i would but i have never had to do it and i have read about it......so stay with us OK ? (OK on the contact Dji that made me laff )
The manual says how to bring em out of hibernation

In your link is nothing of how to revive a battery. Only safety and normal use instructions.

Thank you for all your help... Will check on "Hibernation Mode".. And see if I can bring them back up.. Started to panic, as the "Boss" was wondering why and I had no answers.. Batteries are REALLY expensive.. LOL

Got it. Not working for me. Battery shows last bar solid green, one above is flashing and the 2 above are dark. When charger is plugged in the battery nothing happens, no charging.

upload_2017-12-28_20-0-41.png

Got it. Not working for me. Battery shows last bar solid green, one above is flashing and the 2 above are dark. When charger is plugged in the battery nothing happens, no charging.

View attachment 92707
Have you tried turning the battery on prior to the charger being switched on. I've done that to supposedly top up a battery, not sure how effective that is but I do get an extra 10 mins of charging time despite all four LEDS being lit up.

My batteries show NO green lights. Pushed one time or 2 times... When placed on the charger, either single cord or 3 slot charging block, the side lights on the charger are solid red... Like there is no battery connected to charger.. Put personal batteries on same charger, works fine.. Think I need to un-hibernate batteries..

Reactions: amstar
I haven’t had a totally dead battery however some have reported that disassembling the pack so you can access the PCB and removing the cell balance tap connector for an hour or so before replacing will reset them. Worth a try. Just be careful not to short anything out.

It is your only path! Had many batteries die, DJI no help, some with 5 cycles I bought used! They suck, but, never fail in flight. They have been my only issue. Even have a transmitter battery that’s now down to 3/4 and only 1 year old with 40 flights. They have a major battery problem. The Hicaps have never failed me, but only have two of those

It is your only path! Had many batteries die, DJI no help, some with 5 cycles I bought used! They suck, but, never fail in flight. They have been my only issue. Even have a transmitter battery that’s now down to 3/4 and only 1 year old with 40 flights. They have a major battery problem. The Hicaps have never failed me, but only have two of those
The low cycle batteries you bought used- what was the reported capacity? Low cycle count doesn’t mean mischief if they have been left sitting fully depleted or otherwise abused...

I haven’t had a totally dead battery however some have reported that disassembling the pack so you can access the PCB and removing the cell balance tap connector for an hour or so before replacing will reset them. Worth a try. Just be careful not to short anything out.

Wouldn't happen to have a picture of where the PCB and cell balance tap connector are located... would you?? LOL.... WAY above my Pay Grade.. LOL

Dunno now, used them a couple of times, then locked out, LED 1 flashes when button is touched or charger is applied. One had a bit of a cell imbalance, then lockout in same condition

Do you still have broken and bricked batteries? I’m looking to get my hands on some!

Yes got 3, one has the faceplate removed, it’s snapped back on, went no further. The other 2 light up LED #1 when button it pushed, the other, no lights at all. All have less that 12 cycles.

Guess all 3 are dead... Sad... They were on the charger in "Storage Mode" 1 day, and DEAD the next day.... maybe 6 flights on the 1st battery, 4 flights on the 2nd battery, and 0 flights on the 3rd.. A lot of money to piss down the drain!!!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl