P4 Firmware P4 .700 firmware is now official

Reaction score
Been checking over at the DJI site now and again, and todays check shows the .700 FW which was in Beta testing is now "Official". Assistant showed this as well and I did update as the feedback seemed overall positive. This now Official FW release seems just for the P4 itself, didn't see anything new for the Controller. In a couple of days when the weather improves I'll give it a test flight. Somebody has to be the "first penguin in the water"...

Please report back on;
Sport Mode pop-up window,
Constant warnings IMU cal, Compas cal...ect

Flys like a dream and I have had some pretty windy days here while testing. Smooth thru all flight transitions and no pop ups in any flight mode. So far can’t find anything wrong but I only have had two flights. Also haven’t had it more than 1000 feet away for those two flights. But I must say I am very pleased so far. If the wind dies down some today I’m confident enough now to launch it out a ways and check video transmission signal. If that’s good, leave it right here.

Finally now that I bought a P4pro lol. Let’s hope it has the bugs worked out. Updating firmware on my P4 and will report back with results later today. My P4 was one of the very jerky P4’s with the crappy firmware.

I can report that all is now great again.
My nephews P4 now flys like my P4pro with all the same flight modes.
DJI assistant 2 wouldn’t load the firmware so I used the DJI go 4 app to update firmware on both ac and rc

Reactions: btrussell
DJI assistant 2 wouldn’t load the firmware so I used the DJI go 4 app to update firmware on both ac and rc

Which OS were you using to run DJI Assistant 2, out of curiosity?

Did get out today for a short flight. A little windy at 9-10 mph but things look ok for just a short flight. Didn’t recall seeing an IMU warning on warmup, but I’ll check again next time out. RTH initial descent speed hasn’t changed so you’ll probably see a bit of a wiggle from propwash until it slows prior to landing.

I successfully updated from the "600 beta" to the newly released "700 version". Upgrade was done via DJI Assistant 2 v1.1.6 on my Macbook Pro, without any issues, in about 6 minutes.

Can you add a poll to this thread to get some real stats on how many upgrades went smoothly and how many had problems? I for one would like to see some numbers before pulling the trigger. Fighting with an upgrade without any real support is not my idea of a fun way to spend a day.

Reactions: eroca
Can you add a poll to this thread to get some real stats on how many upgrades went smoothly and how many had problems? I for one would like to see some numbers before pulling the trigger. Fighting with an upgrade without any real support is not my idea of a fun way to spend a day.

I successfully upgrading my P4 via DJI assistant 2 on my mac, after I could not get djigo4 to show me an update was available?!? It updated smoothly but I have not been able to fly yet because of snow fall. So I cannot report on how the update performs.

I upgraded 2 days ago. Upgrade went smoothly. I flew a little Sunday with no real issues. It was a little jerky decending from 300ft but slowing it down smoothed it out.

This is from the release notes from DJI...
"What’s New
• Optimized GEO Zone management.
• Optimized aircraft performance to improve stability during flight.
• Fixed an issue that occasionally caused the camera to restart during video recording."

Considering DJI's track record of questionable firmware upgrades including poor documentation, failures during upgrading and lack of good support when it fails, this for me all falls under the category of "if it's not broken, then don't fix it!"
1. I don't want any more GEO Zone management where none should exist.
2. My drone performance and stability is just fine during flight.
3. My camera never restarted during video recording.

I see no must have upgrades or new intelligent flight modes, so my advice to those considering this upgrade is to ask yourself if you have had any of the problems this upgrade perports to fix, and upgrade or not accordingly.

This is from the release notes from DJI...
"What’s New
• Optimized GEO Zone management.
• Optimized aircraft performance to improve stability during flight.
• Fixed an issue that occasionally caused the camera to restart during video recording."

Considering DJI's track record of questionable firmware upgrades including poor documentation, failures during upgrading and lack of good support when it fails, this for me all falls under the category of "if it's not broken, then don't fix it!"
1. I don't want any more GEO Zone management where none should exist.
2. My drone performance and stability is just fine during flight.
3. My camera never restarted during video recording.

I see no must have upgrades or new intelligent flight modes, so my advice to those considering this upgrade is to ask yourself if you have had any of the problems this upgrade perports to fix, and upgrade or not accordingly.

One of the big fixes in the v2.X upgrade was the Horizon fix, which is a huge reason for some people to upgrade from the prior versions.

One of the big fixes in the v2.X upgrade was the Horizon fix, which is a huge reason for some people to upgrade from the prior versions.
We are talking about the .700 upgrade here not prior releases, and DJI does not address the horizon at all in this release.

We are talking about the .700 upgrade here not prior releases, and DJI does not address the horizon at all in this release.

A lot of people are sitting on pre-v2 or the broken v2. So this all needs to be taken into consideration since this is the latest stable (or appears to be stable)

Reactions: Zinger181

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.