P4 Firmware P4 .700 firmware is now official

A lot of people are sitting on pre-v2 or the broken v2. So this all needs to be taken into consideration since this is the latest stable (or appears to be stable)
Nice attempt at a strawman, but as I said the thread is about the.700 release. If you want to discuss every release from the beginning of the P4 then there are many other distracting red herrings that can be brought up. Let's stick to the .700 release on ts own.

We are talking about the .700 upgrade here not prior releases, and DJI does not address the horizon at all in this release.

The tilted horizon was fixed in all version 02.x betas and the current version as well. That alone was the main reason that I tried the v02.x betas, so I'm glad that with version 02.00.0700 that everything has been sorted out and fixed for me.

The tilted horizon was fixed in all version 02.x betas and the current version as well. That alone was the main reason that I tried the v02.x betas, so I'm glad that with version 02.00.0700 that everything has been sorted out and fixed for me.
The tilted horizon was addressed in the prior official release, not just betas. If that issue was not already addressed in an official release then I would agree, but since it has already been addressed in a prior official release then your argument is just a distraction that can go back to the very beginning of the P4. I'll just agree to disagree.
Cheers

I upgraded to .700 two days ago, and have yet to test it out (bad weather). But one thing I noticed, or rather, didn't notice... Any kind of notices or prompts about having to perform the upgrade for each intelligent battery. In the past, firmware upgrades have called for applying it for each battery. Does this firmware update only need to be applied once? I have multiple batteries.

Reactions: kevin261
I upgraded to .700 two days ago, and have yet to test it out (bad weather). But one thing I noticed, or rather, didn't notice... Any kind of notices or prompts about having to perform the upgrade for each intelligent battery. In the past, firmware upgrades have called for applying it for each battery. Does this firmware update only need to be applied once? I have multiple batteries.

I was not prompted to upgrade the battery firmware either, when I went from the 600 beta to the 700 final release.

I can report that all is now great again.
My nephews P4 now flys like my P4pro with all the same flight modes.
DJI assistant 2 wouldn’t load the firmware so I used the DJI go 4 app to update firmware on both ac and rc
This sucks because I was in the field and didn't have adapter cable to go directly to from DJI Go app to P4. I whipped out the laptop tethered with my lightning fast T-Mobile 4G LTE and DJI Assist 2 only gave option to Factory Reset and couldn't find the update so today in Kirkland Washington with the first day of sunshine in 40 days I'm totally screwed with no cable and must drive to Fry's

I can report that all is now great again.
My nephews P4 now flys like my P4pro with all the same flight modes.
DJI assistant 2 wouldn’t load the firmware so I used the DJI go 4 app to update firmware on both ac and rc
I had the same issue with DJI Assist 2 not loading the firmware. Apparently my work PC has restrictive firewall policies. My personal laptop loaded it and updated just fine. I'm in the air again.

I had the same issue with DJI Assist 2 not loading the firmware. Apparently my work PC has restrictive firewall policies. My personal laptop loaded it and updated just fine. I'm in the air again.

Take note a new version of the Assistant 2 software was released in late December. If you're not running that version you may not see the firmware, etc.

My prior version of Assistant 2 did NOT prompt me that there was an update. I read it in a forum somewhere then had to go to DJI website to download.

Take note a new version of the Assistant 2 software was released in late December. If you're not running that version you may not see the firmware, etc.

My prior version of Assistant 2 did NOT prompt me that there was an update. I read it in a forum somewhere then had to go to DJI website to download.

I was happy that DJI Assistant v1.1.6 on my Mac worked flawlessly to see and upgrade to "700", as I am very skeptical about any software that DJI releases.

I upgraded to 700 with my P4 and tested. It was a little breezy here. I could be wrong but it felt like the P4 was a bit jerky. I refreshed the firmware and it still felt a bit jerky. So, I downgraded to the prior version, tested and it felt less jerky. I may be splitting hairs. I'll have to retest on a less windy day. Somehow along the way my RTH altitude was altered to 30 meters from my personal setting of 118 meters.

The wind finally died down enough for me to take my first flight after upgrading the firmware to .700

Here were the environmental conditions:
Ground temperature: 22f
Wind: 9mph, gusting to 18

The drone took a bit long to warm up, even though it came out of my warm car. Probably normal for the ambient temperature like that though. First flight was about 25' off the ground, about 600' distance in a in a straight crossing in front of me. I flew at varied speeds to be sure the jitters were gone. They were, even in full speed-sport mode! What a relief that was! I then took the drone to about 300' and did the same thing. No jittery flights, and no tilted horizon! Went out to about 1800' and no loss of signal either! Only thing I noticed was a high wind warning at the higher altitudes which I never saw before, even when flying with wind speeds in excess of 20mph. I am guessing that function was just not working before because these drones are not built to fly in speeds in excess of 10mph. One enhancement I noticed was that the RTH lands the drone MUCH softer now.

Still haven't figured out how to use the panoramic or tripod features though. It was really too cold to start messing with it anyway. Next flight...

Reactions: Zinger181
Updated a couple of days ago. Performed several short flights and litchi missions of around 400m at 30m height or lower in calm to moderate wind conditions. No issues to report. Hallelujah, my bird is back

Thinking of updating my P4 firmware (01.02.0602) to the latest..to any pilots out there who have updated lately, what your verdict? thanks

The latest firmware is working very well for me. I probably would not have risked it, except that I really, really wanted to get rid of the Tilted / Drifting horizon issue, which this finally did! So for me, it was worth the risk and is performing great!

I finally had a chance to put my P4 through its paces the other day. I was very happy that many of the problems previous firmware versions had have been repaired. Things like the tilted horizon, unstable flight, erroneous error messages during flight, and signal loss seem to have been eliminated. The new features like the tripod and panorama also seem to be working well. I would say compared to the other releases the DJI has had in the past this one finally hit the mark, at least for me. My bird is the P4. I use a iPad Pro with Wi-Fi and cellular enabled. The only modifications I have made to either of them has been the addition of the HDMI module.

I have just upgrades to .700 and all went well.I have 2 batteries and thought I would be prompted when I used the second battery. Have you had a chance to fly with your additional batteries?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl