Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

P3S exposure issue

Discussion in 'Standard' started by falck, Aug 9, 2018.

1. falck

Ok so over the weekend i took the drone to the beach get pics of my son surfing at surf camp. I took around 20 pics or so and everything looked good on the djigo app pic preview. But when i got home i checked to see what they looked like and every pic was over exposed. So bad that the post editing software couldn't save it. I took some video too and that was perfect. Anybody have this issue? If you did what was your solution? Thanks Joe

PS. Forgot to mention that i was in auto.

#1 falck, Aug 9, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  2. happydays

Did you have the over-exposure warning turned on? Black and white stripes appear on the screen when you are over-exposed.

3. With The Birds

You should have been ok with auto in those lighting conditions. Have you checked to make sure you haven’t inadvertently dialed in some exposure compensation? You wouldn’t be the first.

4. LarBear360

Hmmm. I have never noticed but if you are on auto, does it apply to both video and photos? Power-up the AC and look at the camera settings again. And I can't recall whether or not the P3 has an exposure compensation setting.

I'm flying my P3S on Saturday. Now I'm curious to see if I can duplicate your issue.

5. Cobra!1

Ran into same issue, with camera settings in auto it photo still wanted to over expose. Had to switch to manual and adjust camera settings to get good picture. I did have over exposure turned on if that matters. P3s. Interested in hearing solution

6. falck

I reset the settings in the app. Took her out at Saturday. Pics came out good considering the conditions were overcast for the time i was there.

7. LarBear360

Good to hear. I'm still grounded due to wild fires and heat :< Hopefully I'll be back in the air soon.

8. Cobra!1

Falck how did you “reset” the settings? I’m having similar problems with over. Exposure even know camera settings,white balance,etc are in auto.
    Thanks

9. falck

Have to go through the app. I. The setting for the camera, there is an option to reset the camera. I don't have it on at this moment to lead you step by step.