P3P PHANTOM FLYAWAY I FOUND SOMETHING ASTONISHING IN THE LOG's

Reaction score
Hello fellow pilots
This morning i baught the the
DJI ULTIMATE FLIGHT APP
I have had the AUTOPILOT APP FOR OVER A YEAR but for some reason have not been able to pair the controller wired to my ipad "different post"
I also have AIRNEST NOT much exposure as of tet dame reason as above.
I bought the ultimate flight app for mu android ok
I got the SDK firmwhere for both the bird and RC INSTALLED ON TOP OF THE GO APP
TONIGHT I walked threw the parameters set my preferences did a preflight and lifted off for the first of many short low latitude flight, mode and handling test

Never happened got to my self set max altitude 12 metors started checking camera and she started to act up rigbt away freezing and half frame video downlink not
Really early in the rest flight 3 minutes
She started walk/sliding away form
Me and home point then in a blink any and every stick input drove it farther and farther away from me

If there is anyone in the Galt ca area that can help me locate my bird please let me know

Yikes! My guess is one of those apps conflicted with something and caused a slip in the mud clutch.

Really sucks. You should be able to figure out the approximate place it went down if you know how fast it flew away. If it stayed going in that one direction at a constant speed you can calculate the approximate distance of flight --- you just need to plug in you best guesstimate on the flight duration based on battery life at the time of the incident.

Map it out on Google maps and start hunting.

Yeah exactly but my girl says that it veered east and was moving very fast i lost the horrible video feed before that and this whole thing took place in the middle of the fields in this farming community so it should be easy to find this drone but I've been out there 4 hours looking searching back and forth through these fields the only way that I can see to get a better perspective we need for the year with another drone too much ground to cover on foot and driving at least it's been unfruitful so far

Yikes! My guess is one of those apps conflicted with something and caused a slip in the mud clutch.

Really sucks. You should be able to figure out the approximate place it went down if you know how fast it flew away. If it stayed going in that one direction at a constant speed you can calculate the approximate distance of flight --- you just need to plug in you best guesstimate on the flight duration based on battery life at the time of the incident.

Map it out on Google maps and start hunting.

Ok boys I have some very interesting information for you today concerning my ( and maybe some of your )
"PHANTOM FLYAWAYS"

On 2017 0-6-29 I bought and installed the Dji Ultimateflight3
App I already have Airnest, and Autopilot. I wanted the Ultimateflight for my Android tablet device.
I set the. Adjustable parameters to my preferences went through the checklist did my preflight had ideal flight conditions everything was 5x5 and I was sending "Peaches" up for the first time with the new app so nothing fancy
Compass calibration success Home point recorded and set
I'm flying in the middle of Galt ca farm land Wheat fields to be exact. All opened up no obstructions So I Initiated auto take off she took 3.6 and settled in

I raised altitude maybe 15' more and sent her out about 130' 140' straight out north of HP intending to use a moving tractor
As my POI

Less than a minute out I knew something was wrong she started sliding farther north past our POI I pitched her back into position just started to focus on target and she started off on her way climbing and at one point racing north I was fighting it I was still able to yaw C1 still controlled camera fw cam,dwn . MY spotter was very upset with me for not doing as she ORDERED me to do i.e. "Stop messing around and bring her back or put er down" I could do nothing,!

But at least now I know why!

Last edited:
Ok now I'll be the first to admit that SDK FILES PILOTLOGS
TRACK SPREDSHEETS. Data entry geo coordinates and flight telemetry are not in my wheel house "to put it lightly"

So it would really be a boon to this process if someone or two who does have working knowledge and background in this type of tech, could shed some "qualified" light on this matter
As you know 2017 0-6-30 I was thrown right into the fire when my "Peaches" lost her mind and flew away on her own and all alone. So I have had to dig into. All of this stuff

BEFORE I go on let me tell you that I believe first ...that the ULTIMATE FLIGHT3 APP HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS PHANTOM FLYAWAY
It WAS A ( DESERIALIZER DISCONNECT )
Can someone please tell me EXACTLY what a DESERIALIZER DISCONNECT IS??
I get that it is some kind of a disconnect between the RC and Quad but?

Last edited:
Why are you not simply using the dji go app? I'm still new to this but I'm curious about fly aways. I thought they were a thing of the past.

There's a lot the Go app does not do and most of the App's out there are not Android

And like I said it was not the fault of the Ultimate flight3 APP
The fly away was do to a DESERIALIZER DISCONNECT

Yup, from what I've been reading everything says that error is a hardware error. Some suggested the RC was the culprit HDMI module installation issues.

Yes I was told yesterday from DJI that it could be either or both the RC and the bird. Now that's saying something.

Also this phantom and the controller were BOTH DEFECTIVE NEW out of the box. Sent them back to dji got them repaired and sent back but noticed problems right away with the video downlink witch seemed to clear up but it was always hit n miss lately it was having Auto Take off problems

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj