P3p Mystery date on DCIM file

Reaction score
Hey everybody, not sure were to post this, so I will try it here and hope for some responses. I have a p3p that just started date stamping the DCIM file with the date of 12/3112097, 11:10pm. Yup, that's right. Back to the future. Funny thing is, the pictures look as though they were taken today, which they were. Not sure what happened. Just got my drone back from repair were they rebuilt the camera and replaced a few other parts. I also just updated to latest go 4 app, 3.1.34. Not sure if any of this is what is effecting the DCIM date. Everything else on the p3p is functioning great. Any suggestions on how to reset the date on the DCIM file will be greatly appreciated. I'm not even sure what puts the date on the DCIM file that I pull off the sd card. Thanks in advance guys

That’s weird. Try connecting the device you use to run the DJI go app to the RC as normal, ensuring the date on the device is correct (it gets date/time automatically). Them outside, where phantom can see sky for GPS fix, connect drone to RC, just as you would when you fly.

I’m guessing that the date / time in Phantom is derived from either the DJI app device and / or GPS signals which contain very accurate time references. Check that time showing on app is correct etc.

Worth a try until someone has a better idea [emoji848]

Thanks Loz for your input. Actually I have tried all that, including uninstalling and reinstalling the go app. Nothing changes. DCIM file from the sd card continues to read the same, 12/31/2097. 11:00pm even after pulling off video and pics and formatting sd card. Weird! Maybe someone will find us the solution.

Thanks Loz for your input. Actually I have tried all that, including uninstalling and reinstalling the go app. Nothing changes. DCIM file from the sd card continues to read the same, 12/31/2097. 11:00pm even after pulling off video and pics and formatting sd card. Weird! Maybe someone will find us the solution.

A question after reading your text again - you mention DCIM file more than once, so I’m assuming no typo, what exactly do you mean, as DCIM is a folder not a file?

Are you saying the pictures / video stored in that folder all have the same incorrect date stamp, or thar the folder has that weird (creation) date stamp?

If the folder does and pics are ok, is that a problem?

Yes, all the pictures/vids in the folder have the same weird future date..I apologize, that's correct it is the folder. No, it doesn't pose any problems. It's just that I am trying to figure out how the app or whatever is doing it is stamping the same date every time I take videos and or pics. of course, when I remove everything off of the sd card I save it in a current dated file. It's just my ocd. (lol)

Yes, all the pictures/vids in the folder have the same weird future date..I apologize, that's correct it is the folder. No, it doesn't pose any problems. It's just that I am trying to figure out how the app or whatever is doing it is stamping the same date every time I take videos and or pics. of course, when I remove everything off of the sd card I save it in a current dated file. It's just my ocd. (lol)
Check your time settings in your tablet. Are they OK?

Thank's Meta4 for jumping in. Time settings in my tablet are correct. This phenomenon just appeared after updating go4 app to 3.1.34. Coincidence??

Thank's Meta4 for jumping in. Time settings in my tablet are correct. This phenomenon just appeared after updating go4 app to 3.1.34. Coincidence??

Let us know if you find an answer, I guess you could roll back to earlier drone firmware but I’m struggling the believe the Go4 app could be causing this as the pictures are recorded and stored on the Phantom, using a clock record on the drone. Do you have any way of testing just using a different Go4 device & app? - I doubt it will help, but elimination seems only way to find answer?

Last edited:
Well, I took your suggestion and tried my phone. Downloaded the go app, shot a couple of pics and video inside and same thing happens. DCIM gets dated 12/31/2097, 1100 pm. Not sure were to go from here. As I said before, this causes no problems but it is a bit puzzling.

Reactions: JhonJungblut
Humm, I saw on another similar thread, date & time comes from app. In that case, resetting the drone camera via the app was effective in getting the date & time of pictures taken corrected, can you try that?

I tried that once already, but it won't hurt to to try it again and see what happens. Will post again after I try it. Thanks!

Fair enough, don’t think I’m helping here, last suggestion I can think of is to reinstall AC firmware, assuming (as I am) that possibly it’s corrupted in some way. But that does create its own risks with mucking with firmware.

Did the camera reset in the app. No change in date stamp. Don''t think I want to mess with firmware. If no other solution comes up, guess I will just leave it as is.

I ran into something similar in the update files. When I updated, I went back in to check the result....There was none with that days date or time. They were all dated 2014. I know the update worked. But the time and date of the day I did it is no where to be found. I've also found it in the logs, trying to look for the logs for that day. None of the dates matched the day or time. These were both two different drones. I never thought much more about it and everything has worked ok so far. I have no idea where the date and time comes from and what sets it on the logs, or files.

I do have same problem. Please have a look at what really happen to the files. Does anyone here have the solution yet?

Attachments

• Phantom 3 date error.jpg
    Phantom 3 date error.jpg
    275.4 KB · Views: 126
I can't say I understand how this is really a problem. Are these dates used by some software?

Anyway, camera gets its date from some kind of packet; DAT flight logs should expose the packets which have bad date, and source component.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4