P3P/Litchi - Why does the P3 slow down or even stop at each waypoint?

Reaction score
Subject says it all.

As I was flying a mission today, I noticed the P3 decelerating, sometimes coming to a stop, then accelerating, as it passed each waypoint, which made the mission much longer than I thought, plus, made the camera movements kinda rough.

Thanks...

--

Bill

Does it not have settings for each waypoint that allows you to pause or not pause?

It does, but I did not use that option.

Ok then I believe you have your answer, right?

Next time spend a little more time and tweak the settings to what you prefer.

It's not that... You need to allow for banked turns in believe in settings or curved can't remember them it will only slow for a 180 degree turn

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I use only curved turns during WP missions so I don't have this issue. The only thing is you cannot execute actions such as start video and take still shots in curved turns. Anyway I have if set automatically to start recording upon take off and take still shots while on P mode.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

By design it pauses at each waypoint unless curved turns are turned off.

Ok then I believe you have your answer, right?

Next time spend a little more time and tweak the settings to what you prefer.

flyNfrank...

I said I did NOT use that option.

Next time spend a little more time reading a message before responding to it.

Yeesh.

flyNfrank...

I said I did NOT use that option.

Next time spend a little more time reading a message before responding to it.

Yeesh.

That's the attitude to have.....

NOT using a option that needs to be used if you want control over the mission is a no brainer.

Based off of what you described, you set up a mission without doing any tweaking. You created waypoints without any details. And because of that is why you had the type of flight you did.

Reactions: NRJ
That's the attitude to have.....

NOT using a option that needs to be used if you want control over the mission is a no brainer.

Based off of what you described, you set up a mission without doing any tweaking. You created waypoints without any details. And because of that is why you had the type of flight you did.

FlyNFrank,

Look...I'm here to learn...so I did check (tweak?) to see that the pause option was not used.

So...

What ARE you saying about the pause option...that there is a way to use it so the aircraft will NOT pause?

--

Bill

CCrew,

Did you mean to say, "unless curved turns are turned ON"?

Thanks...

No, with curved turns on it'll execute the waypoint without pausing. With them off, regardless of whether there's additional functions set at the waypoint the bird will pause briefly at the programmed waypoint. So off, it'll do waypoint 1 - pause. waypoint 2 - pause, etc. We're not talking about programming in say a 5 second delay, it's more a "one potato" and it flies to the next waypoint.

Curved turns on it'll smoothly execute the flight path without the pause. Then your curve diameter comes into play as to how much of that corner you want to lop off. Create a mission as an experiment with three waypoints at a 90 degree angle with curves on and then play with curves in the editor.

I use the functionality to build missions where the bird flies itself and I simply concentrate on gimbal angles and such.

Last edited:
CCrew,

Thanks for that. I'm gonna fly a couple test missions today...but anyway, yes, what you say makes sense, that curved waypoints will result in no pausing.

One other thing...

I watched a video the other day (creating missions using Google Earth) about creating a "path" in Google Earth, and defining the path's properties as "altitude relative to the ground" (as opposed to CLAMPED to ground). It worked very well in automatically adjusting the P3's altitude on a waypoint-by-waypoint basis, to maintain a consistent altitude above the ground (not possible using Litchi Mission Hub, correct?).

But when I import the path into Mission Hub, even though I have "curved turns" set as default, the turns do NOT have curves. Meaning of course...that I have to go into each waypoint's properties, and change the "curve size" from zero, to whatever.

Is there a way to select ALL the waypoints in Mission Hub to make global changes to a mission?

Thanks...

--

Bill

OK...right, I implemented curved turns, took a test flight, and there was no slowing/stopping at a given waypoint.

OK...right, I implemented curved turns, took a test flight, and there was no slowing/stopping at a given waypoint.
But be careful! with curved turns, your waypoint actions may not execute! Since the waypoint is never actually reached, any action programmed for that waypoint such as take snapshot, turn video on or off, will not execute.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers