P3P hovering incorrectly - unbalanced blades

Reaction score
Noticed my drone wouldn't stay in one spot, and also turning slowing high up.
I replaced the blades with new ones and this seemed to correct the issue. I'm guessing a blade was either bent or off balance.

Put the old ones back on and confirm?

Put the old ones back on and confirm?
Yup! went back to the old same issue, went back to the new blades gone. Throwing old blades away.

This is another case I suggest verifying to balance props.

I don't suggest keeping old props when they are damaged / suspect ...

But its worth having a close look and put on balancer to find out why .... maybe one's had a small chip after a close shave with a branch or something ? It usually is only one prop as well out of the 4 .. so close check may reveal the one bad ... others fine.

But yes I also agree that for small money - a new set is worth it.

Nigel

It’s showing the typical “Toilet Bowl Effect.” Most always corrected by recalibration of the compass. When mine showed this effect I started the compass calibration by facing magnetic North. Afterwards she hovered normally again.

Reactions: Sixgun89
Yes TBE is often a compass issue.

Also note there is no need to start calibration facing North or rotate in any specific direction. CW or CCW makes no difference. It is a polar compensation algorithm.

It is common to need to spin more than 360 to complete it though.

Reactions: Sixgun89
Plug it in to your computer and calibrate the UI using the DJI assistant 2 app...Remember to remove the props before doing this
Watch this video he shows you how to do this...It fixed my issues

Plug it in to your computer and calibrate the UI using the DJI assistant 2 app...Remember to remove the props before doing this
Watch this video he shows you how to do this...It fixed my issues

Just a question ... is that relevant for a P3 ?

I note the video is for P4

Nigel

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT