p3p dropping from sky

Reaction score
just got this from my mate in the UK, anybody got an answer for him? I don't understand the quite strong comment
he had one drop into the sea a couple of months ago and since has bought this one S/H and flown it a few time with no problem
===========================================================================================================

I had chance for a few flights yesterday with the rather nice settled weather we have here.

With the ******* thing falling out of the sky quite strong in mind, I used my 3 oldest batteries, all been charged 65 - 70 times. All three Batts charged fully. Used the Dji Go App - not Litchi. I noticed that Cell 1 on all three batteries is slightly lower than the other four cells ie. 4.19 - the other three 4.25. On take off they go a bit chaotic for a few seconds then settles to 4 steady green blocks. Tap the X to get rid of the graphs so can see the picture. I flew for about 20 seconds to get to the spot that I wanted to shoot. Tap the battery symbol to bring back the graphs. Cell one is a tad lower still and occasionally changes colour to amber but soon recovers. I flew for 15 mins and checked the graphs on and off quickly through the flight - very quick easy.

Seems to me to be the safest way to do this. But do you know or could you find out from the forum boys what the disparity has to be between the cells to bring on failure … ? If you saw one cell disparity getting bigger, I reckon it might be possible to land quickly. I think the critical bit is allowing the battery to charge fully, allowing the ballancing stage at the end. I think that was the problem with my night flight loss.

You getting any in ..?

just got this from my mate in the UK, anybody got an answer for him? I don't understand the quite strong comment
he had one drop into the sea a couple of months ago and since has bought this one S/H and flown it a few time with no problem
===========================================================================================================

I had chance for a few flights yesterday with the rather nice settled weather we have here.

With the ******* thing falling out of the sky quite strong in mind, I used my 3 oldest batteries, all been charged 65 - 70 times. All three Batts charged fully. Used the Dji Go App - not Litchi. I noticed that Cell 1 on all three batteries is slightly lower than the other four cells ie. 4.19 - the other three 4.25. On take off they go a bit chaotic for a few seconds then settles to 4 steady green blocks. Tap the X to get rid of the graphs so can see the picture. I flew for about 20 seconds to get to the spot that I wanted to shoot. Tap the battery symbol to bring back the graphs. Cell one is a tad lower still and occasionally changes colour to amber but soon recovers. I flew for 15 mins and checked the graphs on and off quickly through the flight - very quick easy.

Seems to me to be the safest way to do this. But do you know or could you find out from the forum boys what the disparity has to be between the cells to bring on failure … ? If you saw one cell disparity getting bigger, I reckon it might be possible to land quickly. I think the critical bit is allowing the battery to charge fully, allowing the ballancing stage at the end. I think that was the problem with my night flight loss.

You getting any in ..?
This is just my opinion but if i seen any type of difference in the cells in the battery i would not trust flying my drone with it. That is what keeps the aircraft flying and way to much can go wrong when flying with a battery that is not reading perfect across the board. Again just my opinion

I would say after so many flights you should just replace the battery. Was the battery cold by any chance? How was it transported to your flight location?

Reactions: loyal
he's always careful with his batteries, temp doesn't come into it this time as in the UK yesterday it was quite warm.
Loyal======
personally I use Airdata and for the laat few years it shows usually 1 cell lower than the rest see clip Airdata says it's still ok to use, I've never had any problems with my batteries, if Airdata shows a problem with the cells then that's when I'll get another
2222222.PNG

IMO If the battery indicator within the app is changing from Green to Amber I would definitely assume that battery, or cell had a problem and not use it. That does also seem like a lot of charges to me.

With the ******* thing falling out of the sky quite strong in mind, I used my 3 oldest batteries....

With that strong in my mind I would have used my newest batteries to reduce the chance of "the ******* thing falling out of the sky"
Just my 2p worth. ;-)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31