P3P and 10.5" IPAD Pro

Reaction score
Has anyone tried getting the P3P controller to hold the new 10.5" IPAD pro?

I want to update my tablet and I want to splurge for the model with gps if it fits.

Thanks.

I want to update my tablet and I want to splurge for the model with gps if it fits.

Thanks.
I was unsure because of conflicting answers so took my controller done to the store and by putting lower edge in first and pushing top edge in fits snug. There is a YouTube video off him doing it.

Thanks. I will do that too. I'm having a hard time finding the exact video you are referrng to? I see some for the 12" ipad with an adapter.

Thanks. I will do that too. I'm having a hard time finding the exact video you are referrng to? I see some for the 12" ipad with an adapter.
Search phantom pilots website IPad 10.5 5th result down P4

Attachments

• IMG_4075.PNG
    IMG_4075.PNG
    761.3 KB · Views: 330

Thanks.

By model with GPS do you mean WiFi + Cellular???
I've been getting conflicting answers from people (like Best Buy Chat)
but the guy in the store told me WiFi only do NOT have GPS???
That shocked me, but not nearly as bad as the Price on the Cellular Model :eek:

I got the New iPad Pro 10.5 on Black Friday 2017 and I LOVE it.
It's the No Cell connection model but I'm fine with simply caching maps before I go to a new/different location which brings up that I was pleasantly surprised that map caching works much better in the iPad than with my Nvidia K1 IE the K1 dumped the maps/cache sometimes so I had to "make sure" the maps were still in the K1 before I went out flying (that has never happened with the iPad...yet).
It does suck that the No Cell model doesn't have GPS but I've been fine with that because I don't use this iPad for Map/Travel/Routes, I never walk very far from 'Home Point' and I haven't ever taken the Drone out on anything that moves (like a boat), however I do plan on buying a Blue Tooth GPS when I want or need to do that.

The Pro 10.5 fit 'tight' in the stock clamp when I first got it but after a couple of uses the padding squished in the clamp and it has fit fine ever since.
I'm fine with the brightness because I always use my sunshade here in FL.
I haven't used it in 90* heat yet but after many flights/batteries I can say that it never got hot (like my Nvidia K1 does) so I don't expect to have any issues this summer.
It came with IOS 11.0.2 in it and Litchi has worked flawlessly with that.
To this day I haven't done any of the IOS updates because I'm a big believer in "don't fix it if it ain't broken" (especially because of DJI being notorious for using they're customers for Crash Test Dummies).

I have never installed GO in this iPad because Litchi does everything I want/need and I'm not willing to chance ANY issues that DJI might cause (like it did when my Android updated).
I won't ever install GO until I "need to" and that will only be done if/when I have to do the calibrations that can't be done with Litchi...

Lastly, even though I have flown 'hours' with the iPad I keep forgetting to try Screen Record :rolleyes:
That's because almost all of my flights have been Tracking Boats in 20+mph winds = 100% Focused on flying/tracking :)

Example video of how my Old Azz Eyes can See/Track better with the Pro 10.5...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl