P3A vs P2V+ Flight Times (Effect of Prop Guards)

Reaction score
P2V+ was my first DJI bird and I immediately called BS on the stated max 25 minute flight time. I'd get max 14 minutes flying it from 100-20% battery. Now I'm flying the P3A+ and getting about 30% more time out of it, or about 18 minutes flying 100-20% battery. DJI still says approximately 23 minutes for the P3 (I still call BS on that since I'm only getting 18 and you're typically not going to push your batteries further than that but I'm willing to overlook that since I'm pleased with the improvement).

But then I realize I was flying the P2V+ with prop guards and have abandoned them on the P3A. I sold my P2 so I can't easily test it.

So what are the flight times you are getting with your birds? Do you see an improvement over your P2's? What flight time reduction have you experienced by using prop guards? For ease of comparison use the following format: bird/average flight time/yes or no-prop guards:

P2V+/14 minutes/yes-prop guards
P3A/18 minutes/no-prop guards

I know there are lots of variables but I bet we see some trends.

It would be very helpful if folks would include their field elevation, Above Sea Level, Meters or Feet would be great.

The gross take off weight would also help with the comparison.
Thanks for the thread Evil Knievel.
I thought it was just me seeing a serious discrepancy in flight times vs claims.

I noticed a significant improvement over the P2 V+ with my P3 Pro. Def minutes more.

It's probably a bit tough to claim their numbers are BS.
Their numbers are for a Phantom flying gently and running the battery down lower than is probably safe in general flight.
They have to come up with a number for the specs and if you understand how they got it that's OK.
Unfortunately for the P2 series, they used an empty P2 but no-one could get the same times with a P2 loaded with a camera.

The P3 times were done with a camera so although their numbers are going to be best-case, they'll be closer to real-world.

Everyone knows that prop guards hit your performance.
It would be interesting to see the results of some serious comparison testing to see how much it is.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.