P3A has always thought it was an Inpire1

Reaction score
I had my P3A in a box since late 2015. It worked fine then. Started to update firmware and now its a paperweight.
I think this is some part of the issue...
My P3A has always thought it was an Inspire1...I know for a fact it is not because I bought it new, but on the original DJI Go it always showed as an Inspire 1. It has an "A" controller. I checked and the drone firmware is and has been updated to latest (text file success). It's the RC. I was complaining about the "new" Go app and realized that maybe I should click on Inspire and sure enough...instead of the "how to connect" button, the camera button came up for an Inspire1. That being said, it does not recognize my Galaxy S9 tether and the App doesn't see a RC or drone...but the RC can move the camera around a bit. I may try and update the RC to latest Inspire? What a hot mess.

FYI it didn't work with S7 either if I recall that is why I had it out of the box for a night last year and got frustrated.

As far as any kind of mods to programming or hardware, all I have ever done is swap out some dinged up prop blades. Nothing else messed with.

I'm confused. If it does not recognize your tether how do you know it thinks it's an Inspire?

That's a very good point. I don't know. When I used to fly it with no issues, it always showed an icon of an inspire and said it was an inspire. Now when I have the Go App (updated) If I select Phantom 3 it wants to show me how to connect help, but the camera view is never an option. But when I select Inspire 1 (any of them) it gives me the camera button and all the map and such.

The last time I flew it (no issues) I had an S6...it hasn't worked since I had a S7 or S9, but I agree, how does it even know?

I'm confused. If it does not recognize your tether how do you know it thinks it's an Inspire?

It's not that the app thinks his AC is an Inspire.

Anytime you start the GO app with no connection to the RC, or the RC and AC are not successfully connected, an icon of an Inspire is always on the opening screen.

If you swipe that icon you can choose from different models.

@abn373 ..... If you then click on your correct model and the app then shows you a 'how to connect' screen, that means everything is not successfully connected!

When the RC and AC are turned on do you have a green light on the RC? If not, you need to relink them

Bear with me and try this ... and report back what happens : (Forget about updating anything)

1. Power up RC controller
2. Power up AC and get GREEN light on RC
3. Power up Tablet or Phone
4. Once you have Phone / Tablet Desktop displayed - plug in USB lead
5. It should now pop up a box asking if you want to start GO - tap YES ONCE ONLY box.

Let app start and it should default to AC model detected ... its the way I always start mine up to avoid those annoying times when one doesn't link properly and need to power down again.

What happens ??

If it doesn't go to correct AC model - then I think there has been an error in past about FW updating or something ... one question is why you haven't completed Connection HELP for your P3A ?

Nigel

Bear with me and try this ... and report back what happens : (Forget about updating anything)

1. Power up RC controller
2. Power up AC and get GREEN light on RC
3. Power up Tablet or Phone
4. Once you have Phone / Tablet Desktop displayed - plug in USB lead
5. It should now pop up a box asking if you want to start GO - tap YES ONCE ONLY box.

That's my power up procedure as well. First time I've heard of someone letting "go" open on it's own but that's what I do.

Let me rephrase my original question:
If it doesn't recognize your tether how do YOU know it thinks it's an Inspire? Sounds like a bad like as Nigel said.

Bought a "C" controller off Ebay to replace my "A" $76 and all updated. Test flew it today and everything works like a champ. Lots of time wasted trying to do resets and firmware nonsense.

Reactions: Nightwolf

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl