P3A gimbal and camera on P3P

Reaction score
I lost my p3A so I purchased an excellent condition P3P without camera on eBay and also a non working P3A gimbal and camera setup on eBay . After it all arrived it it turned out the gimbal and camera was actually fine all I had to do is mount the motors correctly on the shafts. Anyway. Everything is all together and works fine. The drone shows up as a P3A ( im guessing the Firmware is stored in the gimbal ?) everything on the Dji Go app is working properly and also everything is working on Litchi. Is there anything I should do before I actually fly this drone ? Should I update firmware to the AC itself since it is a P3P with a P3A camera. Or just leave everything alone and put it in the air and see how it does ?

In my opinion, I would make sure everything is updated (drone, controller and app) and calibrate compass. Someone can clarify about updating the IMU. I would say only if needed, if it says so ( @msinger ). Fire up the motors indoors WITHOUT the propellers on ;), and test to make sure everything works like movements, GPS lock and you have a good amount of satellites (try outside for better signal). Take it for a close flight without the gimbal. That way, if anything goes wrong, nothing will happen to the gimbal and camera. If all is well, attach the gimbal and do a gimbal calibration and make sure it works. Then just take it out and have fun flying :).

If I am missing something, someone please let me know.

I lost my p3A so I purchased an excellent condition P3P without camera on eBay and also a non working P3A gimbal and camera setup on eBay . After it all arrived it it turned out the gimbal and camera was actually fine all I had to do is mount the motors correctly on the shafts. Anyway. Everything is all together and works fine. The drone shows up as a P3A ( im guessing the Firmware is stored in the gimbal ?) everything on the Dji Go app is working properly and also everything is working on Litchi. Is there anything I should do before I actually fly this drone ? Should I update firmware to the AC itself since it is a P3P with a P3A camera. Or just leave everything alone and put it in the air and see how it does ?
It's not a P3pro with a P3a camera.
The aircraft are identical.
If it has the advanced camera, it's an Advanced.

Reactions: UpLift Aerial
Everything works fine did not flash any firmware. I’m guessing the firmware stores in the gimbal. But everything is up to date and flying nice . !! If anyone has a pro charger and or battery’s inbox me !

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT